Accounts Payable Controller - Newport Pagnell | Zoek UK | 108c63e101c1488fa14e9055b42a2660
Accounts Payable Controller
Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, England
Permanent (Full time)
Accounts Payable Controller
As Accounts Payable Controller, you’ll ensure First Circle complies with it’s contractual obligations resulting from ongoing supplier activity and that this is obtained through the use of standard policies and procedures which are consistently applied.
The focus of this role is getting invoices/ credits processed onto JDE and ensuring that they are duly authorised/ matched before initiating payment runs. This needs to be performed in a timely and efficient manner to ensure we comply with supplier terms.
Accounts Payable Controller Responsibilities:
To process all accounts payable transactions to include the following:
- Processing of all invoices and credits onto JDE via Onbase.
- Liaising with operational staff to ensure that all items are correctly authorised/ matched.
- Communicating with suppliers to ensure query resolution.
- Ensuring all items have been properly approved.
- Prepare and initiate payment runs in accordance with supplier terms.
- Ad hoc payables reporting.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the aged creditors listing to ensure old items/ debit balances get ‘cleaned up’.
- To assist the Financial Accounting Manager in implementing new procedures where applicable.
- Assist in the administration of company credit cards.
- Supplier account reconciliations.
- Assist in the cashflow forecast, by specifying amounts and dates of anticipated payments.
- To be involved in ad hoc projects and/or to complete any other task as reasonably requested by the Financial Accounting Manager
- Assisting in the transition of the business to new accounting package
Accounts Payable Controller Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly on all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to produce quality work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good data entry keyboard skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to embrace change in current processes.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of purchase order processing and accounts payable modules.
- Previous experience of a similar role (2+ years).
- JD Edwards and Microsoft Business Central (formerly Microsoft Nav)
- Experience transitioning a business to new accounting software.
About First Circle:
In a world where plastic packaging has never been more important but has never seen more scrutiny; we believe that they key to progression of any kind is a combination of courage, skill, hard work and partnership.
As experts in developing rigid plastic packaging containers, our purpose is to challenge the status quo, create innovative and sustainable plastic solutions and deliver exemplary service to our partners, every single day.
Location: Head Office, Newport Pagnell (MK16)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
You may have experience of the following: Accounts Payable, Finance Controller, Financial Controller, Accounts Assistant, AAT, Accounting Assistant, Finance Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance Coordinator,, Finance Manager, etc.