UX/UI Designer - Tower of London | Zoek UK | 10982b0ec284435e8538ad7df0d05042
Tower of London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Hello, we are Rockar, we are a multi-award-winning digital retailer changing the way that people buy new cars.
Have you got what it takes to succeed? The following information should be read carefully by all candidates.
We have been disrupting the car industry since being founded in 2012. Back then, car buying processes had not been touched for decades so we decided to change that by taking the car buying journey online and putting cars into the familiar setting of a shopping centre rather than the usual out-of-town showrooms.
We have empowered customers to browse and buy a new car in a way that most suits them - whether that's through our unique online platform, or from one of its digital experience stores based in convenient shopping centre locations.
We are now a recognised and award-winning leading authority in the car retail omnichannel space and set ourselves apart from any other as we are the only provider that has operated digital retail stores supported by our own pioneering e-commerce platform.
After another successful round of investment, we are looking to add several roles into Technology & Product, in order to transform the current platform to meet the anticipated demand. This is an amazing opportunity to join a business that is well funded and is deeply involved with the development of the new platform, as well as supporting the customer base.
About the role:
The ideal candidate is someone who has a good blend of design sensitivity, user empathy and technical skills, an affinity for new technology and innovation and demonstrated expertise in understanding and solving complex problems.
They should be a thought leader who can develop compelling user experiences and can create/sell a strong user experience vision, as well as have many of the skills to help bring that vision to fruition. They should be able to overcome some of the most challenging problems in UI development.
The specific focus for the UI/UX Designer is to breakdown a difficult problem, through collaboration, into its component parts and present a solution that is both logical and in a lot of cases approaches a problem in a different way and is not afraid of disrupting the status quo. Responsibilities include:
- Be a part of the product development team to define the feature and scope of these products
- Be very strong in ideating and brainstorming to come out with multiple ideas around complex workflows
- Be very creative in synthesising the user data into simple, exciting, and very compelling designs
- Overall responsibility for understanding a customer's brief and converting that into appealing, highly usable interfaces
- Develops an understanding of the end-users through secondary and primary research (user interviews, traffic data)
- Capable of generating user personas and user scenarios
- Prepares low fidelity prototypes of sites/features (ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to wireframes or interactive prototypes) for internal review and brainstorming
- Capable of gauging technical feasibility of the prototype
- Presents high fidelity designs/mock-ups to the customer for review/iteration/approval
- Capable of working directly with customers in an iterative/agile manner to dramatically improve the prototypes in a short time
- Able to explain his/her design philosophy verbally and in writing
- A passion for design
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and Technical skills
- A bachelor's degree background in Interaction Design or related field. Optional for a highly experienced candidate who can demonstrate great and evolved sense of design
- Ability to interpret and translate technical requirements into appropriate interface design
- Design experience in a software product development environment
- Can demonstrate a portfolio of work that showcases creative problem solving, innovative and exciting user interaction solutions that are rooted in real-world needs
- Good eye for aesthetics: layout, grid systems, colour theory and typography
- Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries.
- Candidate must be in sync with recent design standards and trends
- Deep knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as tools such as Balsamiq for bringing designs to life as part of a prototype
- Conceptual understanding of Responsive Web Design, User Interface Design and the Design Process
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
Posted 1 days ago