Support Workers - Manchester | Zoek UK | 1099a90d26574d6ab1a4bbb02970b374
Support Workers- Residential Care Children
- Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
£18579 - £19977 per annum + pension
Permanent (Full time)
Support Workers required - Residential Care Children
Are you a Residential Support Worker who has experience of working with complex need and medical needs?
You would be working in the capacity of a support worker within residential care for children with special needs. You will be required to work with individuals to build positive relationships and promote independant living.
The roles operate on a rotating combination shift pattern as below:
- Early shifts between -
- Late shifts between 3pm -
- Split shifts, - then 3-10pm (4 per month, none in school holidays)
- The roles will work one weekend on, then one weekend off
- Full flexibility over 7 days is required
- This is a temp to permanent position
* Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification (or working towards it)
* Previous experience in a care setting, supporting people with learning difficulties and complex health needs
* Knowledge of communication strategies for non verbal learners; experience working with a variety of communication methods including PECs, objects of reference and basic signed communication
* Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to write and maintain reports and children / young people notes and communicate effectively with staff/managers
* Previous experience leading shifts and rota management advantageous
* Experience in a short breaks/respite setting desirable
Contract Details -
* Location - Cheadle Hulme / Heald Green / Handforth
* Position - Childrens Residential Support Worker
* Type of work - Childrens Residential Support Worker with severe learning difficulties
* Contract/Position Start Date - ASAP
* Contract Type - Temp to Perm
Permanent Salary:£18,579 - £19,977
To be eligible for this role through Prospero Teaching, you must:
* Hold right to work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced DBS certificate checked against Children & Adults on the update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
* Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behavior management
* In house training and development team.
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to ######
This vacancy is being advertised by Prospero Teaching Manchester. The services advertised by Prospero Teaching, in this instance are those of an employment business.
Posted 13 days ago