Chartered Senior Structural Engineer - Caernarfon | Zoek UK | 10a1593075f649529416abeefc5b2abc
Chartered Senior Structural Engineer
Caernarfon, Gwynedd, Wales
£38000 - £50000/annum depending on experience
Permanent (Full time)
Chartered Senior Structural Engineer - North Wales –Caernarfon/Mold
In range of £38,000 - £50,000, depending on experience
Full-time hours a week
Datrys is a friendly, forward thinking and progressive company with offices in Caernarfon and Mold. We are looking for the right person to make the most of the opportunities for further responsibility in this role for commercial, client and staff management as well as ongoing technical development and so make a real contribution to developing the business.
Datrys has ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditations.
To sustain our increasing workload, we would like to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Structural Engineer to work in either our Caernarfon or Mold Office to contribute to the delivery of our Business Plan growth targets.
This is a great opportunity for a chartered structural engineer with significant experience (a minimum 5 years’ post-graduate working in an engineering consultancy environment) to take their career to the next stage. You will be responsible for the delivery of our projects to include scheme and detailed design, calculations and management on a variety of engineering projects as well as developing the client management/commercial side of the business and leading/developing other staff.
· Well established, growing independent business
· Expertise in the fields of civil, structural and geotechnical engineering consultancy services
· Perfect sized company for an engineer to make an impact
· Variety of projects to work on.
As a Senior Engineer you will be chartered to MIStructE or MICE. Taking responsibility is a given and you will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of projects and deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. This is a hands-on role seeing a project through from start to finish. There is the potential for developing on the client management, commercial and marketing side of the business.
Key duties will include:
· Project management to include preparing quotations, invoicing and responsibility for the commercial success of projects
· Communicating directly with clients, developing client briefs & attending project meetings.
· Management of production of technical documents by other team members
· Developing schemes and proposing engineering solutions for projects
· Verifying design calculations and drawings done by other engineers and technicians
· Producing concise technical reports in line with customers' expectations.
· Visits to site to represent the company and carry out investigations and monitor construction
· Development of engineering design and details in accordance with project brief
· Preparation of calculations, written reports and specifications.
We encourage our staff to demonstrate a passion for design, drive and motivation, an interest and a willingness to learn, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. You’ll be a good team player with good interpersonal skills who is keen to make a positive contribution to the work environment. As a key member of the team, you’ll be motivated to and capable of leading/supporting other team members and demonstrating excellent customer care.
You will have:
Skills and Experience:
· a degree/MEng in Civil Engineering or a related field
· technical design excellence and detailed understanding of relevant Eurocodes, British Standards and Building Regulations
· a strong IT bias with experience in using modelling, analysis and design software and preferably with experience in use of Revit
· at least, five years’ experience of working in a UK engineering consultancy
· excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with clients, other members of the team and produce well-written, concise reports
· experience of managing and mentoring a team of engineers and technicians or a strong interest in developing in this area.
You must be currently resident and eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence.
· Planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
· Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
· Flexible to the needs of the business, and clients’ changing requirements
· Dedicated to the delivery of projects, and the development of the team and business as a whole
· Committed to working collaboratively and to contributing actively to leading and developing team members.
In return, we offer the following
· A competitive salary
· Holidays – starting at 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
· Pension Scheme
· An interesting and varied workload
· A supportive and friendly team
· Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
· Significant opportunities to develop and apply commercial, marketing and management skills
· Professional membership fees will be paid by the Company
· Parking permit
Datrys is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitable candidates including those looking for flexible working options.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV together with a covering message telling us about your background, why you are interested in the role and what you will bring to Datrys