Aerospace Software Engineer - Yeovil | Zoek UK | 10a473aebc0c47f0be31782f0599e4b7
Aerospace Software Engineer
Yeovil, Somerset, England
Contract (Full time)
Morson are currently looking to recruit an Aerospace Software Engineer to work for one of our clients based in Yeovil, Somerset. This is a contract position potentially leading into a permanent role.
Software planning; the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Executing the development or verification activities for aerospace software projects:
- Work products to satisfy the objectives of the internationally recognised guidelines RTCA DO 178B/C.
- Work products to satisfy the Aerospace process requirements of the organisation.
- Strategic planning to maximise the re-use of in-development and existing work products and identification of the tools and resource needs for the project.
- Ability to liaise with key engineering functions within the global organisation.
- As a developer/verifier you will become responsible for the overall execution of the 'Software Development Process' or 'Software Verification Process' per the approved plan and the applicable processes and standards.
- Provide plan updates and complete the acceptance and approval of the work-products generated by the project team.
Software requirements management
- Review and acceptance of system level requirements allocated to software,
- Development of software requirements,
- Selection or development of software architecture,
- Development of software design, Software implementation and integration
- Establishing and maintaining traceability between the work-products (system requirements to software requirements, software requirements to software design etc.)
- Generation of test cases at each test level to adequately verify the operation of the software and to obtain the appropriate test coverage.
- Verification of all work-products produced by the development process,
- Verification of the traceability between work-products produced by the development process.
- Generating the Plan for Software Aspects of Certification,
- Resolving certification issues identified by the customer, certification authority or representative and
- Generating the Software Accomplishment Summary
Quality, process and productivity improvements
- Investigate the causes of any software defects, report findings and recommendations to management/process groups and if necessary support process changes.
- Participate in global process improvement and standardization initiatives.
- Participate in global tool standardization initiatives.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Experience of developing and verifying software throughout the software life-cycle (requirements capture, specification, design, implementation, support).
- Ideally in embedded aerospace applications, though
- A thorough understanding of the 'C' programming language is essential.
- Ideally a good understanding of DO178B/C is preferred, training can be provided.
- The ability to read circuit diagrams or schematics and to use electronics development and test tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, debuggers etc.) would be highly beneficial.
- Experience of using the following, or similar software tools would also be beneficial:
- Serena ChangeMan Dimensions requirements management
- IBM Rational ClearCase / ClearQuest application workflow development environment
- Unicom System Architect and/or Rhapsody architecture frameworks
- VectorCAST embedded software test environment
- QA C and/or LDRA Test Bed verification tools
Posted 42 days ago