Auto Technician - Widnes | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Widnes, Halton, England
Permanent (Full time)
A Halfords team is a special team, made up of people who are passionate about our products and services and obsessed with giving our customers the very best experience. We’re specialists at what we do – our teams give practical solutions, as well as advising on the very best products to meet our customers’ needs, fitting a range of products to our customers’ cars and bikes.
Our Auto Technicians are technically skilled as well as being experienced at giving great customer service, ensuring we wow every Halfords customer. This role is critical in delivering a great customer experience, providing a wide range of expert fitting services across car parts and technology. Carrying out most of this work yourself, you will also oversee the training of other members of the team. This work is carried out in our car park to the highest quality standards, and your expertise at practical problem solving and working quickly and efficiently will ensure our customers never want to shop elsewhere! Ideally, you already have experience in a retail or automotive environment, but if you can demonstrate expert practical skills and experience of tailoring your approach in a customer focused sales environment, we can help you with the rest.
There’s a reason we’ve been Voted in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For 7 years running – we look after our colleagues as well as we look after our customers!
Whether you have ambitions to progress on to a management role in our shops, or elsewhere across the Group of Halfords companies, we will help you to fulfil your potential.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Technical knowledge and expertise in fitting car parts and technology, including stereos and dash cams
- Experience of giving customers the right solution for their needs
- An interest in our range of products and services
- The ability to communicate with all types of customers and colleagues
- The ability to understand customer needs
- A proactive approach to helping customers
- Experience of delivering great customer service, ideally in a retail or automotive environment
- Problem solving skills
- Experience of working towards and achieving sales targets
- Experience of planning and prioritising
- Experience of sharing expertise with others
- Availability to work on a rota basis, including weekends
As well as holiday and contributory pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Colleague discount of up to 25% across the Group
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Fantastic deals across a range of other retailers, travel providers, and more
- Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and support
- Trade Price Bike Scheme
- Option to join our Share Save and Cycle2Work schemes
Join the UK and Ireland’s leading retailer of automotive and cycling products and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
This is a permanent position based in our Widnes store.
The core hours are 20 per week to cover the following;