eCommerce Trading Manager - Maiden Head | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
eCommerce Trading Manager
Maiden Head, North Somerset, England
Permanent (Full time)
Here at Iceland we’re different. We care. We’re not a dull stuffy corporate. We’re one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. If this is how you like to work then please read on. ……..
We have a fantastic opportunity for an eCommerce Trading Manager to join our growing eCommerce team within our head office in Deeside, near Chester.
Purpose of the role:
As our Trading Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that there is a clear plan in place which enables digital sales growth through a strong online trading offering for your department. Working with the Marketing Activity team, the Trading Manager will create the base for all online activity as well as creating and executing online exclusive promotions.
The role will include working with product ranging and stock planning teams, email and digital marketing, branded suppliers and buyers to deliver maximum ROI and great availability our online customers. This role provides responsibility to trade your own department as well as feeding into the main online trading plan.
- Work closely with the activity planning team to plan and prioritise all on site activity
- Use key trends and events insight to forward plan deals and promotions and areas of focus
- Develop strong relationships with the Buying team to enable the best deals from suppliers
- Develop online exclusive promotions, annualising previous activity and opportunities for trade
- Use competitor and customer insight in order to make decisions in relation to the deals on site
- Review analytics platforms to provide insight and understanding into trading results
- Work closely with suppliers to create onsite annual activity plans and ad hoc trading initiatives
- Manage the execution on site and feedback the results, ensuring maximum ROI
- Nominate products for email selection based on seasonality, performance and driving sales and engagement
- Work with Supply Chain team to ensure stock has strong coverage in stores prior to promotion launches
Skills and Experience needed:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of retail, ecommerce or similar trading environment
- An understanding of ecommerce best practise, website metrics, data analysis, and reporting tools would be advantageous
- An understanding of Google analytics is preferable
- You need to have good attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
- An excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- You must be analytical and be comfortable reviewing data to find new, relevant ways of promoting products. Proficiency in Excel required
- You need to be motivated, organised and determined
- You need to be results driven, commercially aware and have problem solving abilities
- You need to be able to juggle multiple tasks, can work to a plan and work in a fast pace environment
Make a difference to your career, we expect a lot but you’ll get a lot back in return. We will help you grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Alongside this we can offer you:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.