Online Development Manager - Parkway | Zoek UK
Online Development Manager - Strategy
Parkway, Welwyn Garden City AL8 6HG, UK
Permanent (Full time)
About the role
As a manager I translate the strategy into action, executing relevant plans brilliantly. I typically lead and / or support projects or I am a subject matter expert. In this role I am responsible for the overall Omnichannel shopping strategy, new business models, online loyalty propositions, International and Media.
You will be responsible for
Leading and managing / supporting projects to define (new) strategic propositions for Tesco Online based on customer needs, market trends and opportunities to increases sales & profit growth. Evaluate potential ROI against agreed metrics to support prioritisation in business and technology plans.
Delivering and optimising proposition projects; including stakeholder management, programme management and financial performance to deliver against the long-term and annual business plans.
Working with International teams ensure knowledge is shared across markets for more effective and efficient proposition development and testing.
As part of the Development Strategy stream accountability is focused on developing the overall omnichannel growth strategy with the aim to double sales from our online business. Working closely with Fulfilment, Customer, Technology and other Omnichannel development teams develop new business models, propositions, the strategy for Media and Omnichannel experiences such as ROSI.
Supporting the overall Omnichannel Shopping development team with programme management and resource planning
Set up international knowledge shares, common processes for business planning and assist with international strategy development.
Collaborate with Associates to interrogate internal and external data to identify trends and business opportunities.
Key Stakeholders include:
Online Operations, Fulfilment Operations, Digital Product
Customer teams (Proposition, Insight)
Commercial Product, SRD
Fulfilment (Operations, Fulfilment Development) & Business Support
International Online & Fulfilment teams, International leadership teams
UK Business Planning, UK Strategy
You will need
Understanding of Online business models and economics
Strong strategy and proposition development as well as analytical skills
Ability to bridge between strategic thinking and pragmatic implementation
Strong project and stakeholder management skills
Good commercial acumen and understanding
Strong communication and storytelling skills
Ability to influence at all levels
Broad stakeholder management
Record of effective joint business planning and delivery of cross-functional initiatives
Strategy formulation, business development, corporate development in Online / Retail context
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to % of base salary
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and % and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco (from April 2020)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business, and we would love to hear from you!