Band 5/6 Occupational Therapist needed in HMP - London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Band 5/6 Occupational Therapist needed in HMP Pentonville
£22 - £30 per hour
Temporary (Full time)
**Maxxima has an exciting opportunity for a Band 5/6 Occupational Therapist to work in a Mental Health team in HMP Pentonville, the contract is 4 months, with a potential extension.
- The post holder will work as part of the Occupational therapy team which are an integral part of a large health and wellbeing team at HMP Pentonville. The team includes psychology and occupational therapy staff, substance misuse workers and specialist tutors. The team contribute to the overall healthcare provision within the prison, working across the healthcare department to provide comprehensive OT input across inpatient day services and within the prisons mental health inreach team
- The post holder will work within the wellbeing service, providing an Occupational therapy service to those with complex mental health problems, personality disorder, mood disorders, PTSD, trauma, and ADHD, as well as those on the autistic spectrum. The role will also have input to other elements of the healthcare services such as the inpatient unit, the in reach team and the health and wellbeing team,
- The team aim to meets the needs of those who present with mental health need, general vulnerabilities within the prison system, and those with high risk indicators for self-harm and self-isolation.
- This post will work alongside the therapy team contribute to assessment and treatment planning and supporting the provision of a diverse therapy programme. The aim of the work is to increase each patient’s level of independence and to help them to acquire the appropriate life skills as well as providing a therapeutic, recreation and leisure opportunities that may contribute to recovery.
- The successful candidate will adhere to Trust policies, data protection as well as Health and Safety. They will be assisting the team in ensuring the provision of an exceptional standard of therapeutic care, in conjunction with the multi-professional team, to meet the needs of those using the service
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To carry out standardised assessments and provide detailed feedback to the therapies and multidisciplinary teams about clients’ abilities, and also information about future plans and requirements for progress.
- To actively contribute to the multidisciplinary team’s risk assessment process and obtain agreement from the team before engaging service users in any activity that may require therapeutic risk taking.
- To regularly review each service user’s progress in order to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment interventions and modify treatment plans accordingly.
- To ensure that the OT package of care is being followed for all service users that postholder is responsible for including those of whom they supervise.
- To work in accordance with professional guidelines issued by the College of Occupational Therapy which are relevant to the field of Forensic Psychiatry.
- To pursue own continuous professional development and to record this through a CPD portfolio.
- To participate in in-service and external training, in keeping with personal development plan to develop relevant skills and knowledge.
- To be a reflective practitioner, evaluating the effectiveness of own work and learning from experience, including proactive use of supervision and appraisal process.
- To regularly update own clinical knowledge through training, clinical discussion and literature review
- To enhance own understanding of the evidence base for OT interventions
- To promote a positive and professional identity for Occupational Therapy within the field of prison healthcare and Forensic Psychiatry.
- To engage in tasks commensurate to grade and level of experience as allocated by lead OT.
- To maintain State Registration with Health Professions Council.
Why Work With Maxxima?The minute you register with Maxxima, we make it about one thing: you. The first time we talk, you'll realise we know your speciality inside out. Our expert recruitment consultants are here to find you the very best opportunities and help you every step of the way in securing the best placement.
- Dedicated and experienced consultants
- Excellent and highly competitive rates of pay
- Exclusive opportunities you won’t find anywhere else
- Dedicated payroll consultant to ensure prompt payment
- Guidance and advice on CV and interview techniques
- Practical assistance with professional body registration
- A choice of PAYE, umbrella or LTD company payments
- Practical assistance with relocation, accommodation and DBS/CRB checks
- The security of working with a CCS supplier, established since 2001
Recommend a colleague:Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive.
The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
If you would like more information about this post please contact the OT team on######### , or @