QA Product Technologist - Church | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
QA Product Technologist
Church, Lancashire, England
Permanent (Full time)
QA Product Technologist - Toys
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
QA Product Technologist - Toys
Salary - Competitive + Benefits
Studio Retail Limited
Based in the north west of England, 20 miles north of Manchester, we provide a personal shopping service to over 2 million customers each year through our mobile App and the Studio & Ace websites.
Our expansive product range consists of over 60,000 products ranging from branded clothing & footwear, electrical products, household items, to gifts and greeting cards.
We employ over 1500 colleagues in a wide variety of roles, many of whom have seen their careers grow with us. We’re currently undertaking a digital transformation program to deliver the best service to our customers and our colleagues and cement our position as the leading online value retailer in the UK.
About the Opportunity
As Studio Retail progresses through its digital transformation, this opportunity forms part of the organic expansion of our Trading team.
Studio strives to put families at the heart of everything it does, offering them the best value on an aspirational range of products, with flexible payment methods. To deliver this to our customers, the pace is fast, and the working environment is dynamic. We are currently looking to recruit experienced QA Product Technologies to create own label products that are consistently good quality, safe, fit for purpose, adhere to all applicable legislation and company standards and will therefore meet the customer’s expectations.
As QA Product Technologist you will be:
* Ensuring that products are consistent for quality, safe and fit for purpose and certifying they meet the customers’ expectations
* Delivering products that adhere to relevant legislation (as applicable) and company policies and requirements.
* Supporting BMC KPI performance including reducing the number of product returns (this will aid customer retention and potentially increase sales)
* Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders and suppliers to meet qualitative requirements
Who are we looking for?
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual, keen to join a business going through significant transformation. The ideal candidate will:
* Understand quality standards and manufacturing methods
* Expert knowledge of consumer product safety requirements sufficient to understand and interpret relevant legislation
* Relevant product knowledge – sufficient to ensure credibility in the supply base and B&M and to evaluate and develop products
* Effective negotiating/influencing skills – sufficient to influence internally and externally to meet business objectives
* Commercial acumen to enable value products to be produced
* Ability to prioritise and work to project plans
* Previous experience of working with Far East suppliers
* Strong excel skills
* Attention to detail
Why Studio Retail Limited?
We have many experienced colleagues who’ll tell you they love working at Studio because of the people and the opportunities to develop. It’s a fast-paced environment and the offices have a friendly and informal feel to them, no suits required to do a great job here!
Through the pandemic we have adopted home working, where possible but expect to return to the office as soon as is practical and safe. It is key, therefore, that you can get to and from our offices in Accrington and are happy to commute, should requirements ever necessitate.
We offer a great benefits package including flexible working hours and free parking and would love to hear from you if you think we could be the right company for you.