Maintenance Engineer - Brent | Zoek UK | 10cc273932324a99914bc7b8d4094120
Brent, Greater London, England
£35000 - £45000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will play an essential role in the production of our lighting and energy control products. You will have responsibility for both hands-on general maintenance and the coordination of maintenance across the site. In particular, you will be responsible for providing practical electro-mechanical support to the production department for plant fixtures and fittings.
Additionally, you will assist with budgeting and machinery CAPEX proposals, analysis of operational issues related to machinery, help with installing new equipment together with inputting on new manufacturing cell layouts.
• Contribute to a high level of health & safety focus within the factory and report any unsafe practices of defective machines to the management.
• Carry out machine maintenance as needed and liaise with the machine suppliers to resolve any more complex issues.
• Cary out any electrical maintenance within the plant as needed and liaise with external contractors to resolve any more complex issues.
• Monitor and control all sub-contract maintenance service schedules and oversee that the work has been completed satisfactorily for the Wembley plant, ensuring that suppliers comply with company Health and Safety guidance.
• Maintain and repair test and assembly (T&A) fixtures and press tools where necessary.
• Be responsible for stock of spare parts for the machines and T & A fixtures.
• Be responsible for annual calibration of test fixtures and tools.
• Have responsibility for the site to be maintained from the ‘front gate to the back door’ and drive a performance culture with regards to that, by influencing others to maintain a high standard of maintenance, orderliness, and safe working areas.
• Input and participate in company energy saving projects and work with the broader team to improve the environmental & energy performance for the site.
• Establish systems and associated documentation for carrying out daily machine maintenance checks (by self or other operators).
• Monitor and keep a record of modifications or repairs of machines, fixtures and tools where necessary.
• Highlight and identify any cost savings opportunities by renewing or modifying existing plant or processes and support continuous improvement projects.
• Liaise with the Supervisors / Production Manager regarding day to day activities.
• Support others with knowledge sharing and training when required.
• Completing other ad hoc duties as and when required.
• Have experience within a similar role and be expeinced in Mechanaical and basic electrical repairs.
• Must have a high level of mechanical repair capability as the role will also involve dealing with mechanical issues.
• Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Ideally will have knowledge and experience of electronic manufacturing plant operations.
• Very good attention to detail.
• Good knowledge of electrical and electronic equipment.
• Be motivated, enjoy responsibility, have high energy levels, be determined and committed and have a natural tendency to be in the front line.
• Be able to communicate effectively and efficiently between multiple parties and be capable of building and maintaining effective working relationships
• Be responsible, with a natural sense of ownership and be driven to work with the highest level of accuracy.
Please apply with your CV via the apply button or contact Tom at our London office