Technical Lead - City of London - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 10cdf91e7c934a7d94350d755aa0510e
Technical Lead - Advanced Manufacturing Simulation
- City of London - This Area Only
£32864.00 - £32864.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is a manufacturing and innovation consultancy and research technology organisation that is on a mission to accelerate the growth and global competitiveness of the UK manufacturing sector and decelerate the negative impacts of unsustainable production and consumption habits on our environment.
Not sure what skills you’ll need for this opportunity? Simply read the full description below to get a complete picture of candidate requirements.
Their diverse team of engineers and consultants deliver highly innovative R&D programs and transformational consultancy projects with some of the UK’s most exciting manufacturing and technology organisations.
Their work is focused in 3 main areas:
- Accelerating the production scale up of new technologies
- Enhancing productivity through the incorporation of manufacturing best practice and Digital technologies
- Supporting the transition towards a circular economy
Their projects are focused on delivering tangible value to their customers. These are predominantly based in the automotive, marine and general manufacturing sectors; however, the digital manufacturing team is also involved in projects in the recycling, rail and naval sectors. They’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Their consultants and engineers have the experience, creativity and pragmatism to identify, create and develop innovative solutions that deliver maximised value to our customers, industry and wider society.
About the Team:
The Digital Manufacturing team is comprised of manufacturing consultants and engineers responsible for the securement and delivery of new projects. These consist of grant funded collaborative R&D projects, and manufacturing consultancy projects. Here’s a taste of what they do:
- PET Full Loop Project: Improving the state of recycling in the UK by developing the country’s first dual PET bottle and tray recycling facility, in collaboration with Veolia, Unilever, and Charpak. HSSMI will leverage its expertise in applying digital tools in various industries to create a digital twin of the recycling facility.
- Perseus Project: developing a manufacturing strategy, layout proposal, throughput analysis and dynamic simulation to support major equipment repurposing, to transition from internal combustion engine production to electric motor manufacture.
- H1percchain project: scaling up and developing the UK component and sub-system supply chain capabilities, establishing robust and high-speed laser welding processes whilst innovating the design and manufacturing solutions for higher volume battery packs. This will be underpinned by a novel Industry digitalisation strategy that enables reduced lead-times with optimised productivity and overall competitiveness.
They are looking for a Technical Lead to join their team to be responsible for the securement and delivery of new projects (commercial and research) and the mentorship and management of a team of engineers to deliver high value outputs. The salary starts at £32,864 (DoE) with bonus, and you will report directly to the Engineering director.
To succeed in the role, you will possess the ability to lead teams and work alongside senior clients to shape, define and deploy the delivery of innovative solutions that address complex business and manufacturing challenges.
Accountabilities and how you will contribute:
- Lead the building of consortia and development of research proposals to secure grant funding to de-risk highly innovative projects
- Lead the delivery of high-quality outputs for consultancy projects, commercial services and grant funded innovation projects.
- Generate new leads and secure commercial orders in the region of £40k/year for the provision of consultancy services in the area of Digital manufacturing.
- Develop new commercial delivery methodologies, tools and services.
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations and trends in manufacturing and feed into service definition and delivery.
- Regularly represent HSSMI outcomes of projects and strategic aims at local and international events.
- Ensure personal and team compliance within internal processes and procedures.
- The role may require you to work at our customers’ premises (in accordance with government guidelines and health and safety requirements post-COVID-19 and beyond)
Technical Lead Requirements:
- A degree in engineering and/or other relevant subject area
- 3 or more years’ working experience in one or multiple of these fields: experience in developing digital twin for manufacturing and operations, discrete event simulation, manufacturing flow analysis, scripting and production station design.
- Hand-on use of industry standard simulation tools such as any logic, Siemens Teamcenter, Siemens Process Simulate, Siemens Plant Simulate, CAD systems, MATLAB/SIMULINK and/or similar.
- Hand-on use of industry standard CAD packages such as Siemens NX, Autodesk Inventor and CatiaV5
- Strong Data Analytics skills
- Software development skills
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong ability to analyse and solve problems.
- The confidence to operate at a strategic management level but with the competence to deliver at an operational level
- You will possess a network of technology providers, manufacturers, and independent experts in your professional field
- Ability to assess operational issues, developing business cases, blueprinting improvement strategies, and designing transformational improvement strategies
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Competent in the use of Office365, engineering software and processes
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work to tight and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Actively develop appropriate external contacts to facilitate future collaboration and funding opportunities.
- Lead and champion the development of new projects in the area of specialization
- Produce high-quality research reports and/or publications as required.
- Disseminate knowledge to affiliates and the wider community
- Can work independently and in team environments
- A high level of motivation, initiative and creativity
- Good written and spoken English
- Experience in sales
- Experience in leading project teams
- An entrepreneurial flair that shows an understanding of true value
- Experience of developing innovative ideas
- Knowledge of / experience in product recovery strategies – remanufacture, reconditioning, repurposing & recycling
- Knowledge of / experience in recovery of waste and by-products from a company’s own production process and operations to recapture value
- Good understanding of environmental and sustainability principles in manufacturing, including quantification, measurement and best practices
- Knowledge of Life Cycle Analysis and related tools
- Knowledge of common industrial manufacturing material supply chain and end of life management
If you think this role aligns with your skills, experience and attitude then please contact us. For the right person, our client offers a flexible and forward-thinking working environment across a hour week, with an opportunity to undertake training to support your personal growth and future path within the business.
Any applicant who meets the requirements will be invited to an initial interview. This is regardless of any identification with BAME or LGBTQ+, or on the basis of other factors such as veteran status, national origin, or disability.
Closing Date 15th January 2021