Support Worker - Necton | Zoek UK | 10ce8ebef71643e497ad9a6529e31cf4
- Necton, Norfolk, England
£8.72/hour + great benefits inc. paid for DBS
Permanent (Full time)
Be the difference, change lives!
We're looking for Support Workers to join our team in Necton, supporting adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. It is a supported living home, so you will be working in one location.
No experience required, as we will fully train you to ensure you have all the skills needed to provide the very highest standard of support.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people's lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
* 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
* Access to our online discount portal, which we call affinity4you, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership
* Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
* Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life's issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
* Occupational Health support
* Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
* Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
* Refer a friend scheme
*pro rata for part time staff
Role & Responsibilities
* Support people with all aspects of daily living, including cooking, cleaning, shopping, meal prep, personal care etc.
* Support people socially and to enjoy various hobbies and activities, like swimming or cycling
* Develop outcome based support plan, risk assessment and person centered plan with the person supported and review and develop regularly
* Assist with volunteering or employment opportunities
* Enable person supported to develop new and maintain old friendships and relationships
* Administer medication where required
* Support with holidays, trips and days out
What we look for
* You will need to be able to work flexibly which will include early mornings, evenings, bank holidays, weekends and sleep in shifts. An additional payment is paid per sleep in shift completed.
* Being a driver is essential for this position, due to the rural location
* Candidates that are adventurous, friendly, encouraging, supportive, respectful, and resourceful
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support and those that have not previously worked in care will be supported with completing the Care Certificate.
At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be provided by Affinity Trust