Buyer - Chiddingly | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Chiddingly, East Sussex, England
Permanent (Full time)
Location: Lower Dicker, Hailsham, BN27 4EL
Salary: Competitive, DOE + Benefits
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Vacgen and we are recruiting.
Since 1964, we have been the name on everyone’s lips when they think about high quality ultra-high vacuum products and services.
We manufactured the very first UHV valve and we head some of the most advanced vacuum research, coupling this with over 50 years excelling in the research and scientific industry we have incredible grounding in the needs of our customers.
We are now recruiting for a Buyer to procure raw materials / miscellaneous items whilst complying with our internal processes.
As our Buyer, you will assume responsibility for:
* Ensuring all purchases meet the appropriate specification.
* Researching Outsourcing opportunities, and producing justifications.
* Raising purchase orders, progressing purchases and ensuring completion of the purchasing process.
* Sourcing potential new suppliers/products, and submit recommendations.
* Completing specific cost versus benefits analysis as required.
* Co-ordinating incoming shipments within the Supply Chain process.
* Taking ownership of your orders, and expedite them to ensure on-time delivery.
* Driving change and improvements throughout the Supply Chain Process.
* Analysing and reconciling invoice variances.
* Adhering to competitive tendering requirements.
* Maintaining the best possible supplier relationships.
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
* Previous experience in a buying role and the use of ERP systems
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills at all levels are essential
* Desire to take ownership of issues and resolve them.
* Engineering competence in relation to complex products and parts and a suitable level of product and organisational familiarisation is a distinct advantage.
* The ability to make decisions within guidelines and take responsibility for these is essential.
* The ability to meet time frames and work under pressure is important.
* Knowledge ofMicrosoft Dynamics AX.
* Drive and Enthusiasm are pre-requisites.
* A purchasing or general management qualification or support training is advantageous.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please