Cover Supervisor - Newport - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Newport - This Area Only
Temporary (Full time)
Staffroom Education are recruiting for individuals to work within Secondary schools in Newport. These positions range from day-to-day absence cover, right through to ongoing, fixed-term assignments so whatever your availability, we have a role to suit you.
As a Cover Supervisor, your main focus will be to manage each class assigned to you, in the absence of the subject Teacher. Each lesson will have been prepared by the relevant department, therefore your main responsibility will be to ensure that pupils are happy, focused and staying on task.
You should be suitably experienced in dealing with groups of children in either a classroom setting, or any suitable environment within a leadership capacity. Anyone with youth-work, sports coaching, armed forces or social care experience, for example, may have all the necessary skills for this role.
The role of a Cover supervisor is to:
- Take the class register, noting any absences;
- Set pupils up with their pre-arranged lesson content;
- Have excellent communication and classroom management skills;
- Collect all completed work at the end of every lesson;
- Have a basic knowledge of Literacy, Numeracy and ICT;
- Be highly adaptable, . follow lesson plans, and understand classroom timetables and break time rotas;
- Comply with School policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection; reporting any issues to the appropriate member of staff;
- Ensure the room is clean and tidy at the end of each lesson;
- Undertake form/lunchtime/break duties including registration cover if required.
If you're interested in this role, please Apply Now