Waking Night Support Worker - Thetford | Zoek UK
Waking Night Support Worker - Fryers Walk - Foxglove - Thetford
£17,004 per annum pro rata + excellent benefits
Permanent (Full time)
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Are you a night person looking for a part role where you can make a difference to your community?
Mencap are looking for a passionate and caring person to join our friendly team to support adults through the night to ensure their safety!
We are looking for a permanent Waking Night Support Worker to join us on a hour contract at our Fryers Walk, Thetford service.
Things you may need to support with:
• Medication administration and management.
• Finances: budgeting, utility bills and benefits
• Helping to understand written official communications and action them
• Meal planning, preparation and cooking, cleaning and going shopping
• Updating and maintaining relevant records
• Attending appointments and social activities.
Some activities the people we support enjoy are: shopping, cinema, seaside trips, cooking, theatre, shows and much more.
You will find it extremely rewarding to see the people we support achieve goals, overcome challenges and enjoy their lives by accessing the social activities and day trips they choose.
You do not need to have experience in this sector to apply, but you will need to be a caring, positive and trustworthy person who is keen to support adults with a learning disability.
If you would like to have a very rewarding career where your work is appreciated, please apply today!
*An enhanced DBS is required for this role which is paid for by Mencap.
Job ID: 19288
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months Interest free season ticket loans Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc. Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Posted 44 days ago