Product Manager - Telford | Zoek UK | 11245c6d611e4c9fa859366557d8b384
Telford, Telford and Wrekin, England
£51050 - £57550/annum
Permanent (Full time)
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and million business customers. Our digital programme is multi-award winning and the envy of other government organisations.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation. This means customers can do more for themselves online, in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones therefore we are building a team of outstanding people who will create and run these new and improved technology services.
Our role sits within HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Group (CDIO) we’re increasingly delivering in-house through our growing network of digital delivery centres – hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities across the UK.
Our Strategy, Design, Architecture and Innovation customer group sits within CDIO.
Within Innovation and working in a team, our Product managers will develop a deep understanding of user needs and business goals. You will take insights from multiple, specialist perspectives to frame problems, and ideas. You will set priorities for the innovation scrum teams to create and optimise value for CDIO business areas and the end user.
By using emerging technology, data, and considering the user needs, you will create and develop proof of concept(s) and solutions which provide value to Business areas, third parties, external suppliers academia, and financial institutions.
Proactive and reactive to changing opportunities with the skill to interpret and react to small, medium and large-scale challenges.
We’re looking for forward thinking people with strong interpersonal skills who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will care about technology, be innovative in their approach, care about the user and be passionate about Product management.
As a Product manager, you will :
• Perform functional and / or people management responsibilities and be able to coach others, develop best practice in Product management
• Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for Ideas or problems, engaging senior stakeholders and the senior leadership Innovation leads on technical and innovative influences
• Communicates and practice ways of working to champion and foster a “Team centric ethos” using the Innovation framework.
• Engage teams and Business areas to develop a compelling vision and champion the strategy for your product/Idea or proof of concept(s) and communicate these over the short and long-term to our innovation leads.
• Prioritise the delivery of value to users whilst balancing competing priorities and constraints
• Develop an expert understanding of the users’ needs and champion these in the delivery of your product
• Develop and prioritise the product backlog, managing multiple EPIC Proof of concepts, creating user stories and making decisions based on evidence
• Set measurable goals for your product and report against these to demonstrate progress against stated benefits
• Facilitate and prove value to the Product management communities of practice across CDIO, contributing and engaging with the Product management profession leads, and Head of Product.
• Support the vision, roadmaps and delivery of other products in your programme and HMRC
• Experience of working in a product management role, or similar, interacting with Design, development, analysts and content professionals in the delivery and development of digital services
• Experience of working in Agile methodology/Scrum environment using best practices and user centric design thinking
• Innovation. You can lead others to innovate in their work as well as enabling them to innovate on their own.
• Demonstrable experience in using a range of Agile tools and techniques and scrum ceremonies to undertake Product management.
• Proven ability to manage stakeholders, prioritising and handling business issues, expectations and requirements
• Experience of Engaging and Leading on projects and presenting findings in a constructive evidential method to senior leaders
• User focus. You know how to collaborate with user researchers and can represent users internally. You understand the difference between user needs and the desires of the user in user centric thinking
• Knowledge of emerging technologies and market trends is desirable
• The ability to plan and prioritise effectively to deliver under pressure and to tight timescales
• Knowledge of the full software delivery lifecycle, and understanding of Digital data and technology (DDaT) framework
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process