Head Of Mechanical Engineering - Blaydon-on-Tyne | Zoek UK | 112d9cc4d5214d04bdbdd615f4e1a410
Head Of Mechanical Engineering
Blaydon-on-Tyne, Gateshead, England
£55000 - £60000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Head of Mechanical is responsible for the effective day-to-day management of all aspects of the mechanical engineering department.
As part of the Section Heads Team, contribute towards and support Engineering Manager in realising company strategic business objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Head of Mechanical Engineering will perform the following:
• Manage a high performance, mechanical design & engineering team in producing designs, drawings and other deliverables, in line with contractual requirements.
• Development and management of resource planning for multiple projects. Interface with the Engineering Manager, Project Managers for coordination and correct allocation of design resources.
• Analyse mechanical departmental performance and productivity to develop, agree and implement any necessary strategies to improve output and mitigate risk.
• Manage the production of best practice designs using economical and sound design solutions for Projects, Studies and Enquiries including but not limited to Feasibility studies, Conceptual Design, Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Detailed Design and Build. Responsibility includes ensuring that the mechanical engineering designs meet the client URS in accordance with the agreed capital cost estimate.
• A sound understanding and working knowledge of relevant UK / EU legal directives, in particular the Pressure Equipment (safety) Regulations 2016, (PED 2014/68/EU) and to fulfil the role of Pressure Systems Engineer as required.
• Work within an approved Quality System (ISO9001), ensuring company QA procedures are followed, supporting the QA dept. as appropriate.
• Estimate required manhours to meet client and project requirements for the various phases of a project as above and the dept. delivers to those agreed manhours and report progress.
• A sound understanding and adherence to relevant Regulatory requirements, Design Codes and Standards and Company Procedures and the application of specific client design standards relevant to specific projects.
• Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and manage all mechanical engineering staff to maximise efficiency and effectiveness so as to achieve best performance in meeting company requirements.
• As required fulfil the role of a discipline engineer on a project covering the mechanical and piping engineering functions, Inc. Package Engineering of equipment & Lead Engineer role.
• In conjunction with the discipline Engineering Manager, ensure that all staff possess the skills, knowledge and training required to fulfil their role.
• Expected to work as part of a project team with effective communication across engineering disciplines within the project team to efficiently deliver the required scope.
• Report on Performance, Budgets, and Schedules of the Mechanical Team, and monitor these KPIs to provide control of project performance for planning and the wider project management teams.
• Carry out Appraisals in line with company wide staff procedures as and when required.
• Comply with company Health, Safety & Environment Policy
Posted 1 days ago