Construction Assurance Manager - West Heath | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Construction Assurance Manager
West Heath, Birmingham, England
33940.0000 - 37334.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Your new role
At Highways England we manage one of the world’s most advanced and safest road networks connecting the country on a daily basis. Join us as a Construction Assurance Manager and you will play a key role in the delivery of Highways England Capital Investment Schemes by representing the companies interests on concrete and structural repairs. The role will be based in Birmingham and you will be reporting directly to the Construction Manager, you will actively ensure construction schemes are delivered in line with time, cost, quality and safety standards, and customer experience is not adversely impacted. This well-established team pride itself on its culture and this role will give you a varied, challenging work day every day.
This role is a safety critical post therefore you may be required to work unsocial hours including nights and weekends. This role will be based from our Birmingham office with regular travel involved.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment.
What you’ll be leading on
• Assuring the completion of planned works to agreed standards and escalate any concerns to the Construction Manager, in line with agreed governance agreements
• Ensuring that all works are constructed in line with: CDM regulations, HSE Legislation, Chapter 8 requirements, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highways Works (MCHW).
• Ensuring Project Managers receive regular and timely feedback on scheme construction progress, risks, early warnings, design related issues, and act as the initial point of escalation for any on-site issues that need to be resolved.
• Acting as liaison engineer between all key supply chain partners and co-ordinate the delivery programme, ensuring buildability reviews are carried out on all projects.
• Attend buildability meetings as and when required to ensure designs are LEAN and fit for purpose.
• Maintaining good liaison with Project Managers and Commercial & Procurement colleagues, providing relevant and timely information on Early Warnings and Compensation Events
• Direction and line management to a team of site supervisors
To be successful
• Proven highway structures maintenance and reinforced concrete repairs experience
• Good understanding of the DMRB, MCHW, Chapter 8 and CDM Regulations
• Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS preferred)
• Ability to execute tasks independently, yet work collaboratively within a team and respond to management guidance & support. You will also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with multiple stakeholders
• Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word, Project and Outlook
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future. We achieve this through the delivery our capital programme, supporting customers on the road with our Traffic Officer Service and managing incidents effectively.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.