Assistant QC Laboratory Manager - Ruislip | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Assistant QC Laboratory Manager
Ruislip, Greater London, England
40000.0000 - 45000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Assistant QC Laboratory Manager
We are now looking for an Assistant QC Laboratory Manager to add to our QC team
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the QC Chemistry laboratory, involved in the analysis of pharmaceutical raw materials, active ingredients and finished products for non-sterile and sterile products. Leading a team of about 30 QC staff. You will ensure laboratory compliance with internal, external and regulatory requirements for stability /release testing and raw material testing and perform data/document checking approval for development and release purposes.
Provide support in project management with contract manufacturing and testing facilities.
- Planning workload for the team dependent on the manufacturing schedule of sterile and non-sterile products.
- Complete assignments requiring an expert level knowledge of techniques and practices related to the analytical area.
- Responsibility for QC compliance in accordance with GMP.
- Providing leadership and management within the laboratories through a structural process of objective setting, performance appraisals and individual development.
- Improving the overall department productivity and efficiency in order to meet KPI’s.
- Ensuring robust training and self-inspection programmes within the laboratory, as well as the review of SOPs, investigations, specifications, methods and validation reports.
- Implementing new processes and procedures.
- Maintaining the risk-based and scientific-based quality system as part of the Quality unit.
- Establishing and maintaining efficient workflows to ensure operational excellence.
- Leading internal and external QC audits.
- Managing and completing QMS actions in a timely manner.
- Leading OOS/OOT investigations.
Pharmaceutical EU MHRA audit readiness and lead
Multiple dosage forms, ideally liquid, suspension and steriles.
Min. 5-year experience in similar job and at least 2years management experience.
Supervisory/ management experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to write scientific papers and reports.
In exchange, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow and develop. If this sounds like you, please submit your CV and covering letter outlining why you think you are a good fit for this position to Geoff Flavell-Matts
A bit about us…..
Part of the B&S Group, SyriMed is one of the leading Pharmaceutical Companies in the UK specialising in the development, licensing, manufacture and marketing of liquid medicines. Established in 2004, with a turnover of £16 million and based in Ruislip in West London, our success stems from the vibrant and productive R and D team which develops and manufactures the formulations for our licensed medicines. We are very proud of the fact that all of the formulations for which we hold marketing authorisations have been developed by our own scientists. Of course, we meet the quality standards of EU Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and our in-house laboratories test our products to ensure they meet the strict requirements set by the regulatory authorities. We are a highly successful family business that is continuing to grow and develop.