Environmental Health & Safety Business Partner - Gosport | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Environmental Health & Safety Business Partner
Gosport, Hampshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Job Reference: J(phone number removed)
Job Title: Environmental Health & Safety Business Partner
About the Company:
Aeropeople are excited to be working with one of the world's largest independent Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) providers.
Our client offer extensive MRO services for the business, commercial and military markets across the globe.
My client seeks an experienced Environmental Health & Safety Business Partner to join their growing team based in Hampshire.
The EH&S Business Partner role is responsible to the Head of Compliance, for the efficient and effective management of the Environmental, Health and Safety, (EH&S) Management systems within the respective Business Unit
- To provide leadership and guidance to the respective BUs to ensure they remain compliant with the latest EH&S legislation and be the accountable person at BU level.
- To develop, manage, review and revise all EH&S procedures and policies to ensure best practice and regulatory compliance. Take responsibility for upskilling the relevant regulatory knowledge for Associates within the designated BU.
- To manage and maintain relevant EH&S ISO approvals and pro-actively liase with 3rd party auditors, regulatory authorities, and legal bodies on EH&S matters.
- To provide statistical analysis on accidents, near misses, and the effectiveness of the EH&S system, to identify and manage corrective actions through to implementation, and to report the status through the various EH&S meetings.
- To develop, deliver and maintain a risk based audit program to give assurance that all statutory and regulatory EH&S requirements are being met, and to manage any associated non-conformance/non-compliance reports through to closure.
- To develop, maintain and implement a BU environmental workplace survey plan, . lighting, temperature, humidity conditions, etc., and develop and maintain a programme of continous assessment and improvement within the designated BU.
- To develop and maintain an EH&S Continual Improvement plan for the respective BU, and provide leadership to drive improvement plans.
- To provide leadership as the accountable EH&S Business Partner to the BU in ensuring the EH&S policy and objectives are communicated, understood by all personnel, implemented and adhered to.
- To ensure that all EH&S objectives and targets are being met and to provide leadership to ensure that relevant actions are being taken by the BU to address deficiencies.
- To liaise with the Environment Agency on matters relating to EA IPPC and LA PPC permits.
- To identify, prepare and schedule training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety and other EH&S relevent topics.
- To carryout and review COSHH, PUWER,PPE, DSE, DSEAR, and Safety Risk Assessments, and to ensure effective mitigation actions are identified and implemented in a timely manner.
- To investigate accidents, establish root causes, identify corrective actions, and produce reports for internal use and external use in the event of any legal action.
- To adhere to the Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals. Take responsibility for recommending timely updates to ensure compliance with emerging legislation.
• To manage and maintain a Continued Professional Development plan to ensure personally remaining competent and up to date with regulatory changes.
• To identify changes in regulations, produce a detailed gap analysis and impact statement, and provide leadership to the BU to ensure relevant processes, procedures, and risk assessments, are created or updated to address changes.
• To bring to the attention of the Managing Director, the relevant BU Director and the Head of Compliance, any situation that could expose employees, customers, suppliers, or members of the public, to risk of harm and actively lead the BU team in identifying solutions and offering subject matter expertise where relevant.
- To bring to the attention of the Managing Director, the relevant BU Director, and the Head of Compliance, any situation that could harm the environment, or expose the company to EH&S related financial risks and actively lead the BU team in identifying solutions and offering subject matter expertise where relevant.
- To manage waste transfers and associated reporting.
- To ensure all EH&S corporate reporting requirements are met and action plans are in place to address deficiencies, and to provide leadership to the BU to drive actions to closure.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period