Group Financial Controller - Merseyside | Zoek UK | 11539744b3ab490b82c15b1315383d19
Group Financial Controller
£70000 - £100000/annum Bonus + Bens
Permanent (Full time)
To support the explosive growth of this exciting private equity-backed technology company, we are looking for an exceptional Group Financial Controller to join, lead and grow a high performing finance team. The Group Financial Controller role represents an outstanding opportunity to play a key part in ensuring that the group Group has the appropriate policies, procedures and processes in place to ensure an effective control environment; providing key strategic information to the leadership to inform decision making and drive business performance. The Group Financial Controller will also ensure strong accounting and reporting are in place throughout the group.
We are seeking somebody with an ACA/ACCA qualification and significant experience of working in businesses with complex overseas supply chains and multiple routes to market, including retail, direct to consumer and B2B. Ideally you will have proven experience in managing and developing teams as well as in working alongside external stakeholders, including auditors, lenders and private equity investors.
We are interested in attracting someone with outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills, a high degree of gravitas and the desire and openness to learn and develop in a fast paced environment. We expect the Group Financial Controller be personally accountable and deliver results against hard timelines. Therefore, an individual who is responsive and who can operate within a fast paced, constantly evolving, environment and develop others within that culture will thrive in this role.
Eye for detail and a data driven insight will be key to excelling in this role.
The role provides the right individual with an exceptional opportunity to grow and develop and ability to shape the future direction of the team, working closely with the CFO to build a best in class finance function as the group embarks on its next phase of growth.
• Internal reporting, including monthly management accounts, and ad hoc reporting to business – ability to refresh and develop reporting to ensure it remains insightful and fit for purpose
• External reporting, including drafting of board packs and management of reporting to lenders, investors and other key stakeholders
• Development of a robust FP&A, from daily/weekly cash flow forecasting to longer term budgeting to detailed data analysis and insights
• Ability to provide commercial insight and support the sales and commercial functions with analysis and reporting to assist decision making
• Tight cost control and management of the supply chain to ensure margin is maximised
• Management of external audit and development of robust internal controls framework to support rapid future growth
• Treasury management, including multi-currency FX and hedging strategies
• Management of statutory audit and tax filings - initially in the UK but broadening to international in time
• Experience with overseas supply chains/manufacturing/stock
• Experience of working in a fast paced online business
• Experience of working in a private equity environment
The role is Chehsire based but with plenty of opportunity for flexible and home working both during and post COVID19