Senior Project Manager - Reading | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Project Manager
Permanent (Full time)
This position will lead projects in Network Processing (NP) in the . based team. Ensuring the delivery of regional and global solutions, as driven by the business. The position works with technical staff, business partners and senior management across organisational boundaries to obtain resources, schedule work activities and coordinate all areas to successfully complete project deliverables. Senior Project Managers provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams to deliver NP solutions for complex, large-scale projects and are accountable for tasks covering the entire project and development life cycle. Responsibilities and qualifications are, as follows:
What we expect of you, day to day.
* Builds high performing teams, inspires team members, and demonstrates leadership skills
* Collaborates with business sponsors and technology subject matter experts to define scope and delivery strategy for solutions
* Leads technical teams to assess requirements, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce Technology Project Charters and other documentation needed for funding approvals
* Perform project planning and scheduling, manage tasks and coordinate project resources to meet objectives and timelines
* Provide leadership to large, global, cross-functional teams to deliver solutions involving multiple teams and applications
* Mentors/coaches project managers to elevate their performance
* Anticipates change and identifies ways to overcome challenges and constraints to keep project activities on schedule to meet or exceed business partner expectations
* Takes initiative to exhaust all avenues to resolve issues/problems before involving management escalation
* Works with minimal direction; able to resolve most issues independently
* Provides clear, concise communications to project stakeholders; Summarizes relevant facts for senior management and delivers with executive demeanor
* Demonstrated ability to manage through influence
* Executes through ambiguity and guides path to clarity
* Set clear expectations with business partners to provide transparency into project initiation activities, and manage day-to-day interaction during project execution and delivery
* Proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risks and find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments
* Provide high quality customer service and communicate project status (timelines, progress, and challenges) to Technology and business stakeholders regularly
* Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including enterprise architects and strategists, technical subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and Visa senior management
* Manage project budgets effectively by ensuring forecasts and actual charges are in line with approved bids and project expenses are effectively controlled
* Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls
* Support PMO management with annual planning, program funding approvals, and program and project reporting functions.
* As a global organisation, there may be need to take attend calls/meetings after/before standard office hours during the week