Peerpoint - Greater London - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 1165f9
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Peerpoint consultant lawyer - 5+ PQE - employment
Greater London - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint is Allen & Overy’s global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers who want to access the best work, clients, resources and bespoke support, whilst working on assignments with Allen & Overy or directly with clients. To find out more, please visit and download our UK candidate brochure.
We are currently looking for highly-skilled and self-driven lawyers with a minimum of 5 years PQE experience in employment law.
Successful applicants will:
- have a minimum of four years' post-qualification experience at a magic circle law firm or a firm ranked as top tier in their area of expertise;
- preferably have in-house legal experience at leading financial services institutions (directly or as a secondee);
- have a commitment to building a career as a consultant and be motivated to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have a strong consultant mindset, including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with strong commercial/business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment;
- have excellent academic credentials; and
- have a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK.
NOTE: Due to nature of the relationship between Peerpoint and our consultants, we are not able to sponsor visas. Applicants are therefore required to have a right to reside and work in the UK.
Examples of recent opportunities
Client assignments can range from stepping into a team to support a project to taking on a senior manager role working on major transactions or regulatory change projects or implementation. Assignments are usually at least six months in duration and tend to require you to work a minimum of four days per week.
You may also have the opportunity to work within Allen & Overy on an ad-hoc basis, supporting teams when needed or joining them for fixed periods to work on a deal.
Examples of recent opportunities in this area include:
- Senior employment lawyer supporting a global financial institution on investigations including whistleblowing
- Mid-level employment lawyer within a media conglomerate advising on cross border employment issues including hiring, disciplinary actions, reorganisations and global HR projects
- Senior employment lawyer assisting the Allen & Overy practice with advice on a key client's global HR project
- Strategic role for an employment lawyer in a telecommunications company, advising on global projects and issues from a labour and employment law perspective
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide detailed personal feedback at the application stage.