Domestic Assistant Day - Ashbourne | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Domestic Assistant Day
Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
The Domestic Assistant is part of the care team and as such works with other staff and maintains a clean and safe environment for all Service Users and staff.
- Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
- Ensure the Home’s furniture, furnishings and fittings are sufficiently clean.
- Ensure all surfaces of floors, walls and ceilings are sufficiently clean.
- Clean carpets when necessary.
- Empty wastebaskets and yellow/black bins daily ensuring that waste is disposed of safely in line with the requirements.
- Clean all internal windows monthly.
- Clean all bedrooms thoroughly once a week on a rota basis. Ensure that the communal areas are cleaned daily.
- Ensure all sinks, en-suites, bathrooms and toilets are cleaned daily.
- Chemicals must be stored in line with the COSHH requirements.
- Re-stock paper products and dispensers.
*Apprentership opportunities available
- Have an understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working in a care environment.
- Demonstrate care and compassion.
- Team player.
- Required to work in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Training support and development opportunities
- weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
“Maria Mallaband Care Group’s main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a Covid-19 vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government’s UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy.”
Eltandia Hall is located in a quiet leafy street in Norbury surrounded by green spaces and benefits from excellent local transport links, being easily accessible by both train and bus. The spacious home specialises in nursing and dementia care for elderly residents along with care for younger residents living with a physical disability. The team works hard to tailor the care to the varying needs within the home, focusing on delivering high standards of personalised care to those living within the home. Eltandia benefits from a varied daily activities programme, working to ensure residents can pursue both good mental and physical health. The activity team organise both group and one to one activities, including everything from games and crafts, local community events in the home and entertainers who regularly visit the home and perform to residents.
Care is at the heart of what we do here at Maria Mallaband Care Group. We're an established family-run care provider, and we deliver care to over 3,500 residents across our 80+ care homes nationwide.
Our mission is to be the best quality; most highly regarded Care Provider in the United Kingdom and our vision is to create a home from home environment for both residents and staff.
We are committed to being an Investors in People employer, which means that we continually invest in your personal training and development. MMCG is a place where your career truly starts to grow.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Interested? Just click apply! Or if you have any further questions before applying you can contact the recruitment team at email protected or you can call us at .
You can find out more about life at MMCG on Facebook and Twitter:
Please be aware this vacancy may close earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.
Maria Mallaband Care Group