Head of Data & Analytics - Nottingham | Zoek UK | 11964a
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Head of Data & Analytics (Marketplace Services Team)
Permanent (Full time)
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Data & Analytics to work in Experian’s Marketplace Services team in Nottingham.
Experian Marketplace Services is a unique team made up of FinTechs acquired by Experian – offering a unique combination of a vibrant, fast-paced, small team feel and big company benefits. We pride ourselves on the impact that each of our team can have on our business and customers.
Experian Marketplace Services develop data and technology products for the financial services market specialising in credit pre-qualification services. Our tools allow price comparison sites to profile their customers and match them to the most suitable products, radically improving the value proposition for their consumers and at the same time increasing their revenue. We work with many names you will know including MoneySuperMarket, ClearScore, Compare the market, Barclaycard, Lloyds Banking Group and HSBC.
Experian Marketplace Services are committed to building a diverse, passionate and ambitious team. We value learning and self-development, and support it with a combination of personalised work objectives, classroom-learning and mentoring. Our people managers work to understand each teammate’s long-term career aspirations and to coach them on the skills they need to progress within the team to more senior roles.
The Data and Analytics team is an integral part of the business. We build and deliver the data infrastructure that powers our analytics activity, allowing us to drive value from our data via the provision of analysis, reporting and insights externally to our clients in the financial services market and internally to teams across Analysis, Product and Finance, and to the Exec.
We’re looking for an exceptional Head of Data & Analytics to help scale and lead the team. This is a crucial appointment and an amazing opportunity for an ambitious team leader looking to be part of a growing part of the business. You will be leading a team of Data Engineers, BI analysts and Data Scientists and will be responsible for delivering our analytical roadmap, working with the engineering, analysis and the wider product development teams.
The role requires a strong technical understanding of data platforms, data warehousing and visualisation tools. You’ll need to be adaptable, flexible and resourceful in delivering a challenging roadmap whilst our data landscape is transforming.
We use AWS and Tableau as our main technologies, but also have an estate of data in SQL Server. Application of these tools, or similar, to solution design is key. You will need to get hands-on with this technology, delivering some content yourself and exploring new functionality.
· Develop and deliver a data framework and roadmap that maximises the value of our investment in our data and analytics infrastructure. Ensure aligned with Experian’s long-term business strategy and roadmap.
· Plan and implement the strategy for the use of data analysis – planning for both short-term and long-term horizons (1Y, 3Y, 5Y).
· Build, lead and maintain a market-leading data and analytics team composed of Data Engineers, BI Analysts and Data Scientists. Drive team to deliver and support our commercial priorities
· Champion the use of data and analytics, increasing adoption and growth across the team. Drive a data led culture within our business and provide advice, support and recommendations on how data can be used to improve business initiatives and drive commercial value.
· Set-up and embed a data governance council, processes, and frameworks with clear goals to improve data quality, definitions, traceability and transparency.
· Collaborate with analytics teams across the business to deliver mutually beneficial products; whether this be data or analytics. Identify opportunities to showcase our data in new and engaging ways, allowing it to be utilised at the heart of decision making.
· Work to build a wider data analytics community within the team to allow delivery against our self-service operating model.
· Use your knowledge of advanced data systems, analysis and mining techniques to enable the creation and maintenance of complex data sources and reports, to provide concise and meaningful insights to our clients and stakeholders within the business.
· Develop a complete knowledge of all data sources and maintain a strong relationship with the wider team, to understand their key business challenges and needs.
· Be passionate about data visualisation, ensuring content meets our quality and brand standards. Proactively identify opportunities for automaton of data reporting and visualisation. Be the internal and external focus for BI excellence.
· Acting as a gatekeeper for Experian’s data, ensuring the use of it is compliant to GDPR standards (and local legislation) and that best practices are applied