Bid Writer - Maidenhead | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Maidenhead, Royal Windsor and Maidenhead, England
Permanent (Full time)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Bid Writer to join our ambitious development team. Please be aware, the role can be completed with home based and office working, therefore we are flexible with the location of the successful applicant, within England and Wales.
We are looking for an individual with the same commitment and enthusiasm that currently exists within our organisation and work with us on building our expanding business. We are proud to have been awarded PwC’s West of England Business of the Year, numerous RoSPA President Awards for health & safety performance and Painting and Decorating Awards for service excellence. We were also a 2020 finalist in We Invest in People Gold +250 employees’ awards. You will be part of a team that plays a pivotal role in driving our continued success.
At Ian Williams we really value our employees, that is why we offer a considered benefits package:
- Be part of a company profit share scheme
- Company car and private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave, buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- We want our employees to have a well-balanced work/ life balance, therefore flexible working patterns would be considered.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program to support employee’s health and wellbeing.
The Bid Writer role:
- You will be naturally inquisitive in order to gather information and summarise the key elements and requirements of proposals through all stages of the tendering process.
- Committed, you will be assessing each customer’s requirements and drivers for success.
- Detailed, as you prepare the qualitative aspects of a bid, collaborating with our operational teams.
- Strong in communication, you will support the bidding team in the preparation and delivery of interviews, office, and site visits.
- Thorough, as you will co-ordinate external consultants and partners selected to contribute to the bid process.
- You will help to develop best practice documentation that will make us even more successful.
- You will provide support to the operational teams to enhance our ability to deliver a contract’s requirements.
- Participating in bid debriefs so that we can continuously improve.
You will be required at times to travel to our offices across the UK and work with our delivery teams to prepare tenders.
What will you bring as a Bid Writer?
- We are looking for someone who is an experienced Bid Writer, ideally within a similar market sector (construction/property services/maintenance), but this is not essential.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to diagnose key client requirements by producing creative copy, written materials, reports and presentations.
- This role will suit someone who could describe themselves as focused, thorough, engaging, flexible, a winner and most importantly - a team player. We know that the key to our successful team is supporting each other whilst meeting tight deadlines but also, importantly, having fun!
Additional Benefits include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
- Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
- Specsavers vouchers
- For information on all other additional benefits we do, to enhance your work/life balance please visit our website
If you think you have what it takes to become our Bid Writer, then click "Apply" now!