Conference Producer - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
The role focuses on the production of the annual event and content under the SUSTx portfolio of events which is a new portfolio centred around sustainability and carbon neutral solutions for businesses and organisations in the UK. The annual event is a large virtual industry get-together, and the role is responsible for the event from the initial research stages, through to speaker sourcing, and creation and management of all content. You will also play a key role in the relationships with the event’s main supporters, sponsors, speakers and partners.
Conference Producer Responsibilities:
• Perform extensive and in-depth sector research via phone and online, with key stakeholders, sponsors, and target audience members, to ensure that the content at the show is relevant and compelling.
• Support the marketing team in identifying key themes and topics to include in the marketing campaigns.
• Brief the sales team on research findings and sponsoring opportunities within the show agenda.
• Research and analyse competitor events.
Content production and copy writing:
• Content production and copy writing.
• Write the event’s agenda.
• Produce live content sessions for traditional and more innovative features.
• Ensure the delivery of all sessions on the days of the event.
• Engage with sponsors and partners in the production of specific content sessions, that meet the stakeholders’ objectives as well as visitors’ educational needs.
• Recruit speakers, liaise with them on the content of their session and agree on the logistics of their participation.
• Research and write engaging content pieces, such as blog posts and whitepapers.
• Agree with speakers and partners on the production of content pieces ahead of the event – blogs, Q&As and insight pieces.
• Collaborate with the marketing team in creating compelling, sales-driven copy for a range of platforms (web, brochure, email, social media etc.) to drive exhibition and sponsorship sales.
• Stakeholder management.
• Develop and maintain close and effective relationships with partner organisations, clients, and speakers from various sectors.
• Develop and build close and effective relationships internally with the marketing, sales and operations teams.
Conference Producer Requirements:
• At least 2 years of proven track record in live content production.
• Strong knowledge of commercial dynamics of exhibitions.
• Experience of working effectively within a matrix team structure.
• Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information.
• Capability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
• Ability to produce creative and compelling virtual content.
• Ability to network confidently and competently, often with senior stakeholders.
• Ability to write convincing and commercially-focused copy.
• Good influencing and negotiating skills.
• Great writer.
• Previous experience in content production for virtual events (desirable).
At GovNet, we create communities through events.
We run exhibitions, conferences and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep knowledge of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it out mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
What do we offer?
• hour week
• 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
• Day off for your birthday
• Flexible working (currently working from home due to COVID-19)
• Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
• Health Cash Plan – Voluntary
• Voluntary private medical insurance
• Group Life Assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Pension Scheme
• Opportunities for professional growth
• Summer and Christmas Parties and team socials
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £32,000
You may have experience of the following: Events Coordinator, Events Planner, Events Manager, Events Assistant, Events Co-ordinator, Events Management, Conference Manager, Conference Production, Sales Manager, Conference Producer, PR, Public Relations, Exhibition Manager, Exhibitions Manager, Events Marketing Manager, Conference Marketing Manager, Virtual Events, Virtual Conferences, etc.