Site Assistant - Doncaster - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Doncaster - This Area Only
Temporary (Full time)
Site Assistant role required for a long-term job opportunity. Required immediately.
Your new company
This is a College supporting students at KS5 level and are part of a wider trust.
Your new role
This is a full-time role, working Monday - Saturday on a split shift pattern and you will report to the Estates Manager. Below are some of the duties entailed in the role:
- Assist with the implementation of security arrangements for buildings and grounds (tour of site/common rooms).
- Take responsibility for paper re-cycling.
- Take responsibility for opening and closing college buildings and general security of buildings and grounds when on duty.
- Be available out of hours in case of occasional emergency call out (on a rota basis).
- Carry out minor repairs and maintenance, further to liaison with the Lead Site Assistant and Trust Estates and Health and Safety Manager.
- Assist with keeping the site a tidy and litter-free environment.
- General tidying and site maintenance.
- Supporting cleaning staff as and when required.
- Prepare and arrange rooms, moving furniture and equipment, as required and directed by the Lead Site Assistant and Trust Estates and Health and Safety Manager.
- Supervision of cleaning staff.
- Assist with keeping the grounds and gardens tidy and presentable.
- Assist with the distribution of goods, as required.
- Ensure lamps and shades are cleaned and replaced, as necessary.
- Report repairs required to grounds, buildings, furniture, equipment and fittings, to the Lead Site Assistant and Trust Estates and Health and Safety Manager.
- Work within the College's Health and Safety and other policies.
- Further develop skills by taking part in training provided by the trust/college.
- Work with the Lead Site Assistant and Trust Estates and Health and Safety Manager to develop improvements to the job sheets system and ensure best practice in health and safety during work activities.
- Undertake other duties as requested.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have experience working as a Caretaker within a school setting or similar background. The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of academy policies relating to Safeguarding, Risk Assessments and Health and Safety. You also need to have a valid Enhanced DBS certificate, or the willingness to apply for one.
What you'll get in return
You will be paid some expense and a competitive daily rate, working in a friendly and supportive school with a strong Senior Leadership Team. You will also have a dedicated Hays Consultant who you can contact from 07:00 - 22:00, seven days a week. Hays also offer a Refer A Friend scheme so if this isn't the job for you but you know someone who would be interested, please refer them to us and you may be entitled to £250 in vouchers.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.