Meter Reader - Old Portsmouth | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Old Portsmouth, Portsmouth, England
Temporary (Full time)
Do you like working in an active outdoor role? Do you want to take control of your schedule and work flexibly? If the answer is yes, then this could be the role for you.
FJA are currently recruiting for a number of Meter Readers to start work across the Portsmouth region.
As a Meter Reader you will be responsible for collecting data from gas and electricity meters in both commercial and residential properties. You’ll update meter reads accurately throughout the day on your handheld device.
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career in the Utilities Industry - no experience is required as full training will be given!
- Responsibility for ensuring work is planned and scheduled in the most efficient way to ensure that daily targets are met.
- Planning your route - meters can be inside or outside properties so you’ll need to decide what time you’re more likely to gain access to an inside meter readings.
- Walking from property to property taking accurate meter readings
- Dealing with customers in a polite and professional manner at all times.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Great work ethic
- A willingness to work hard and achieve results.
- Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check and vetting.
- Preference will be given to Candidates who live in the specified area.
- Some experience in route planning would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weathers - this can be a physically demanding job involving working outdoors in all weathers.
- This is a full-time position - hours of work: 40, 42 or 45 hours a week available.
Shifts: Hours available between Monday to Sunday 8am to 8pm (Some evening and weekend work will be required to successfully acquire the reads required)
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertise
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Finlay Jude Associates Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
For further opportunities, please take a look at our