Senior Aviation Support Specialist - Crawley | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Aviation Support Specialist
Crawley, West Sussex, England
£30000 - £31000/annum + benefits and commission
Permanent (Full time)
We are looking for a Senior Aviation Support Specialist to lead our Gatwick based Customer Service team on a rostered shift pattern. Your primary role will be to ensure that exceptional, superior and proactive customer service is provided to both our internal and external clients, as you offer comprehensive support to the Air Partner trading business. You will also ensure the completion of the day-to-day operational tasks relating to Air Partner broking clients. This will include flight watching and out of hours broking (for which commission will be paid on top of basic salary).
This is an office-based position working shifts of 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7 am with the current pattern of 4 on 4 off. The usual pattern is 2 night shift, 2 days shifts, 5 days off, then 3 night shifts, 2 day shifts and 4 days off, then 2 night shifts 3day shifts then 4 days off.
This role will also contribute revenue and profitability to meet the department’s agreed targets; this will be achieved by providing ACMI and Private Jet out of hours charter solutions, and by supporting the out of hours charter function.
• Ensure broker files are flight watched competently and that all instructions handed over from the broker are followed to produce a seamless operation from a client perspective
• Ensure flight files generated out of hours are complete, invoiced, provided a post flight survey and closed correctly
• Follow guidance from and provide support to the Head of Department
• Conform to all company procedures as set down in the employment contract and the staff manual
• Support the broking teams in maintaining and growing the company’s existing client base
• Assist charter departments obtaining overflight permits
• Explore and maximise all out of hours opportunities
• Show excellent communication skills – in person, by telephone and via e-mail
• Provide a true, concise and accurate handover from one shift to another
• Ensure a timely and comprehensive turnaround of all client charter enquiries
• Manage the compliance function as required following agreed guidelines
• Conduct any additional duties as required to support the Head of Department including but not limited to, rostering, training, recruitment and compliance
This is a broad role, requiring exceptional customer service delivery in a fast-paced environment.
What we are looking for:
• At least 2 years previous experience working in an Operations environment
• Capability to cover all three elements of the role – broking, flight watching and flight planning
• A team player who is adaptable, highly motivated and enjoys the success of seeing a job through to completion
• A customer focused background, with first rate written and verbal communications skills
• A thorough understanding of aviation operations, procedures and systems
• A good standard of worldwide geographic knowledge, and airfield IATA / ICAO codes
• A good level of aircraft general knowledge and type recognition
• A numerate and efficient individual with good attention to detail
• A logical approach to problem solving – an ability to consider all possible solutions and keep up with changing situations
• An ability to retain information and perform under pressure
• An ability to speak a foreign language is an advantage, particularly those of other Air Partner offices (French, German and/ or Italian)
• IT literacy with the ability to learn the functions of a new system quickly
• A competitive and highly motivated attitude