Stem Cell Scientist or Senior Scientist
Motherwell, North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Permanent (Full time)
GxP Recruitment invites applications on behalf of their biotech client in Central Scotland where an exciting permanent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Stem Cell Scientist Scientist to join their team.
Key duties include:
* Perform cell culture of pluripotent cells, primary immune cells, generation and maintenance of established cell lines.
* Perform differentiation of pluripotent cells to various cell lineages.
* Lead in the characterisation of differentiated cells by flow cytometry and qPCR.
* Perform functional cell-based assays.
* Ensure work is performed in accordance with the company’s quality assurance and health and safety policies including the provision of COSHH/BIOCOSHH/Risk assessments.
* Maintain documentation to appropriate quality standards, including, but not limited to, laboratory notebooks, standard operating procedures, COSHH/BIOCOSHH assessments and risk assessments.
* Carry out literature reviews /collate information to identify information useful for the development of novel assays or the improvement of current processes.
* Provide support to other departments within company.
* Contribute to written documentation including SOPs, publications and patent applications.
The ideal candidate profile:
* Degree in stem cell/cell biology or equivalent experience. PhD level qualification is advantageous.
* Extensive experience in cell culture, cell based assays and flow cytometry is essential
* Differentiation of human ES/iPS cells into haematopoietic lineages is essential.
* Experience in primary cell isolation
* Experience in molecular biology techniques (. RNA isolation, qPCR)
* Experience in writing papers, SOPs, patent applications
* Strong presentation skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Computer skills (Word, Excel, GraphPad Prism and FlowJo)