Civil/Structural Engineer - Preston | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Preston, Lancashire, England
£37000 - £46000/annum plus pension
Permanent (Full time)
Civil & Structural Engineer
* £37,000 - £46,000 plus pension
* 25 days annual leave
* Consulting Engineers
Our client is a privately owned firm of Civil & Structural Consulting Engineers based in North Lancashire. The business is highly respected established some 25 years ago and regularly “punches above its weight”.
Due to an increase of workload and contract award, they need to recruit a Civil/Structural Engineer, ideally chartered or near.
You will be responsible for the design of reinforced concrete structures, foundations,
structural steelwork, masonry and timber and use of AutoCAD.
The Civil & Structural Engineer will be expected to manage projects from inception to completion including initial contact with the client; managing third party organisations; (. topographic survey; site investigation) design; overseeing CAD Technicians in the production of drawings and details; attendance at design team meetings and liaison with other members of the design and construction team.
This is a senior position within the practise and the Civil & Structural Engineer will
be client facing and ideally able to generate new business and the retention of existing
clients. Hence, good communication skills are essential.
The offer to the Civil & Structural Engineer is flexible based upon what the right candidate is looking, however, below is what we would generally offer;
* Competitive salary based upon experience and qualifications.
* Employer pension contributions of 5%
* 25 holidays plus the current 8 Bank Holidays per annum.
* 35 hours work per week, working a minimum hours per day with a 1-hour lunch break within a flexible working period between 8:00am and 5:30pm.
* Payment of Institution fees, if applicable.
* Financial support with career progression and working towards Chartered Engineer status with the Institution of Structural Engineers, . interview and examination fees, if applicable