Quality Manager - West Bromwich | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
West Bromwich, Sandwell, England
Permanent (Full time)
We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Quality Manager for one of our prestigious automotive clients in the West Midlands area:
Job Title: Quality Manager
Salary: c£45K per annum
Permanent/Contract/Fixed Term: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Provide focus and leadership to the quality department ensuring that production, quality targets, and customer expectations are met. Manage the day to day running of the Quality department continuously working to improve KPI deliverables, whilst implementing World-Class systems to ensure activities are performed according to TS16949 and ISO14001.
* Primary contact for all customer concerns.
* Evaluate and analyse issues relating to customer complaints. Initiate and/or recommend corrective action.
* Day to day control of the department assuring quality levels are maintained and monitored.
* Support product development teams in aspects of quality planning, product/design verification, process qualification, problem solving, quality techniques, and tools.
* Introduce quality control systems and accreditation to support Company's process.
* Conduct 5S audits,
* Conduct system audits of the Business Operating System (BOS),
* Champion Practical Problem Solving (PPS) activities,
* Review internal scrap and put in place corrective action plans.
* Chair weekly quality meetings and communicate to Senior Management areas of concern.
* Review all quality related debit notes in a timely fashion.
* Monitor and develop the supply base.
* Facilitates the generation and implementation of improvement ideas; liaises with Senior Management when improvement ideas cannot be implemented by the production areas.
* Work closely with team members at all levels to establish and maintain quality related metrics to satisfy company statistical requirements and aid driving continuous improvement activities.
* Encourage and follow up on improvement ideas of the Quality Department / Production Areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
* 5 years experience within a Quality Management role.
* Previous experience within a manufacturing environment.
* Detailed knowledge of quality management systems and standards, auditing and application of engineering principles.
* Experience of internal / external TS or IATF16949 auditing and ISO14001
* Experience & knowledge of MRP systems
* Excellent practical application of Quality tools, such as 6 Sigma, Capability Analysis, PPAP, FMEA, 8D, etc.
* Strong leadership skills
* Proven track record in problem solving and issue resolution.
* Excellent communication skills at all levels.
* IT literate, competent in Microsoft Office
* Customer interface
* Highly Motivated and Innovative
* Well developed organisational skills, with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
* Practical hands on approach, attention to detail, logical and methodical
* Strong desire to challenge the status quo and to make positive differences and influence change.
Reference ID: QM001