Dover, Kent, England
Permanent (Full time)
£25,000 per annum
Interpersonnel Recruitment is partnered with a well-known local employer looking for an IT Technician to join their organisation.
Working within the IT department the purpose of this role is to support the delivery of all IT services, providing the initial ownership, assessment and resolution of all incidents and service requests, to enable the department to offer the best service possible to its customers.
- To facilitate the first customer contact point for the IT department, at times it will be necessary to deliver this function while mobile.
- To provide ownership of all reported incidents and service requests. Undertaking fault troubleshooting and resolution, within a timely manner, ensuring incidents are updated in the current IT service management tool, and where necessary to escalate to the appropriate third party support provider, individual or team.
- To monitor system alerts and to ensure escalation to appropriate individual or team.
- To document and update procedures and resolutions as required.
- To carryout IT equipment audits as required.
- To provide maintenance of IT services, to ensure their operation and availability.
- To effect repairs to IT equipment and associated infrastructure .telephone and data cabling.
- To install and configure new IT equipment and associated infrastructure . telephone and data cabling.
- To be responsible for maintaining the asset records of equipment that is purchased, moved or disposed of.
- To work closely with the wider department on projects/task groups as required by the Project Manager.
- Liaising and working with third party support companies to ensure that faults are rectified in a timely manner.
- The post holder will be expected to travel to users and equipment to rectify faults, carry out installations and perform routine maintenance.
- To take responsibility for self-development, identify opportunities for training to keep technical skill set current and to advance knowledge in other areas of technology. To undertake technical and non-technical training as required.
- To be flexible, as required, to cover annual leave, lunchtimes, the 08:00 start, 17:00 finish and provide out of hours support as required by business needs.
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent level, including Mathematics and English at grade C or above.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within an IT support environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good awareness of customer service.
- Must be able to demonstrate the technical IT competence across a variety of technologies to carry out the role effectively.
- Understanding of Active Directory usermanagement.
- Knowledge of the constituent part of a PCs and laptops, able to identify faults, replace components and re-install the operating system.
- Understanding of Local Area Networks (LAN) and TCP/IP.
- Ability to use and exploit the internet for technical solutions.
- Holding or training for an industry recognised certification . Microsoft or Cisco
- Experience of desktop deployment technologies.
- Experience of date cable installation, termination and troubleshooting
- Experience of Citrix XenApp and/or XenDesktop
- Experience of Windows operating systems
- Experience of mobile device support
- Escalates incidents when the complexity of the problem or solution is identified as beyond personal competence/boundaries
- IPAF ticket or equivalent
Further Note from Interpersonnel Recruitment: This role is office based and cannot be considered on a hybrid remote working basis. Own transport is advantageous.
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website.