North Watford, Hertfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
To support the firm’s central Treasury team with cash flow forecasting, liquidity management, day to day cash management activities, weekly and monthly reporting as well as other treasury specific ad hoc tasks. Management of the firms banking relationships is a key function of this role as well as being the SAP expert for Treasury.
- Preparation of the cash flow forecast. From the firm’s budgets prepare a forecasted balance sheet and P&L which will create a cash flow forecast. Liaise with management regarding assumptions to be used. Update the forecast month with actual data and report variances and compliance with bank covenants as set out in the firm’s bank facilities documentation.
- Review and oversee the daily cash management (including deposits) prepared by Treasury Cashiers. Propose amounts for potential deposits/borrowings as required.
- Preparation of the monthly borrowing calculation with proposed drawdown from loan facility, providing supporting information for the proposed drawdown.
- Review and oversee the daily liquidity analyser prepared by Treasury Cashiers in SAP. Overall responsibility of ensuring correct analysis for month end reporting purposes.
- Review and oversee the internal hedging process including journals to be posted for the hedging period.
- Management of the firm’s banking relationships including:
- Opening and closing bank accounts
- Updating signature mandates
- Updating and maintaining bank facilities
- Maintaining the service level agreement between KPMG and the banks
- Review the analysis of bank charges and interest rates applied to the bank accounts
- Act as a point of contact in respect of managing account limits and release of large payments.
- Point of liaison between KPMG and the bank to issue bank guarantees.
- Preparation of weekly/monthly reports to be sent to senior management
- SAP expert for Treasury, ensuring the system is set up correctly for Treasury and resolving any issues by liaising with the SAP support team including raising change requests and carrying out system testing.
- Ensure procedure manuals are up to date.
- Involvement in projects such as procuring and rolling out new systems and ensuring the impact of new banking regulations.
- Qualified accountant with a strong understanding of financial reporting conceptual framework and good understanding of accounting standards, preferably ICAEW qualified.
- Treasury qualification preferred.
- Previous Treasury experience in a midsized corporate.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills essential. Aptitude for working with data and financial modelling skills.
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and partners and act appropriately on requests.
- Proactive thinking but also willing to learn and work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills – ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Eye for detail.