Senior Finance Administrator - Hove | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Finance Administrator
Hove, Brighton and Hove, England
30000.0000 - 35000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
My client is Hove is an expanding specialist recruitment agency and consultancy practice. Due to expansion (currently 30 staff) they are looking for a Senior Finance Administrator to join the team. This can be a home working/office working role, however you will be relatively local and will need to attend meetings/events in the office from time to time.
They are a friendly, professional and progressive local business for whom I have recruited for many times, they are known to treat their team very well and also have a good benefits package.
Role and Responsibilities
Working in close collaboration with Finance Manager and the other Senior Finance Administrator, this person will have primary responsibility for a wide range of tasks including but not limited to;
• Maintaining Sales Ledger, creating and issuing invoices from our timesheet system (currently ETZ), exporting into accounting system (XERO) and using extractor tool (OSMO) to upload Invoice detail on to the invoice discounting portal (IDEAL)
• Credit control - Monitoring payment records, pursuance of default permanent invoice debtors by phone, email and letter
• Expenses - Processing and verification of staff expense claims
• Managing the Company Credit Card Account - Processing and reconciling individual card accounts within Xero to reconcile Company Account
• Banking cheques
• Production and distribution of employee Payslips, P60’s etc.
• To respond to information requests from clients, suppliers and Invoice Discounting company in timely fashion send copies of Balance Sheet, P&L, Aged Debtor and Creditor summary reports to Invoice Discounting company on monthly basis
• Managing annual Audit visits from Accountant and Invoice Discounting Company, as well as any ad hoc Audits - Collating and supplying the information requested prior to, and during, each visit
• Client Data Capture - Ensure we hold correct Company detail and processes for each Client to allow for timesheet authorisation and invoicing
• Processing Purchase Orders - Liaising between Client and Business Consultant to ensure all active Purchase Orders remain valid
• Management of Accounts and Remittances mailbox - Read and review emails to ensure any action required is flagged to Finance Manager. Responding to any emails where possible
• Maintaining Records for Client, Supplier, Contractor and Assignments - Cross checking information matches those held on ETZ, Xero, Sales Ledger and any other areas
• Chasing contractors for timesheet submittal and managers for timesheet authorisation.
Secondary Responsibilities (in a colleague’s absence):
• Maintaining the Purchase Ledger, issuing remittance advices and scheduling payments on Bankline
• Audit and processing of Quarterly HMRC Intermediaries Report
• Processing weekly contractor timesheets and invoices on ETZ
• Processing monthly contractor timesheets and invoices on ETZ
• Scheduling contractor payments on Bankline
• Processing client self-bill invoices (Guidant, Hays, Tapfin etc.)
• Commissions - calculating and communication of Sales and Researcher monthly commission payments
You will also be responsible for covering the following duties in the Finance Manager’s absence:
• Producing monthly Management Accounts including: Profit & Loss, Balance Sheets, Aged Debtors and Creditors reports
• Processing manual journals as part of the Month End and Year End processes
• Month end and year end reconciliation
• VAT quarterly returns
• Payroll - Management & administration of employee payrolls on accounting system, including management reporting & statutory filings (P14/P60, P11D, PAYE Settlement, P45, P46 etc.) and undertaking monthly & year-end reconciliations (Payroll, Pensions, PAYE, NIC etc.)
• Ensuring continuing company compliance with current HMRC, Pension and similar relevant legislation and regulations
• Monthly Sales Invoice Reporting for Clients who may request this information
Skills and Experience
• Extensive commercial Accounts/Finance experience
• Commercial Accounts package/s knowledge (. Sage or Xero)
• Excellent commercial experience with MS Office including extensive MS Excel
• Experience of dealing with external customers and/or suppliers
• Recruitment or Consultancy industry experience
• Payroll experience