Bridgwater, Somerset, England
£30000/annum 21 days + Bank Holidays, Contributory Pension
Permanent (Full time)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a multi-skilled Maintenance Technician (Mech or Elec biased) to join a multi-national packaging company. The site, based in the Somerset area runs a team of 8 engineers manufacturing products for the food industry.
- Your key responsibilities will be to provide Mechanical and Electrical support to ensure performance of all automation machinery on the production lines (plastic extrusion, conveyors, and associated equipment).
- You will maintain accurate and timely records regarding reactive maintenance work ensuring all workloads have been completed to the best of your ability and to a strict deadline.
- You will be accountable for providing a fast and efficient response time to any breakdowns that occur across the site whilst ensuring all the company procedures and standards are followed.
- Active participation in continuous improvement activities throughout the whole production and facilities site is encouraged
- The successful candidate will have preferably completed an engineering apprenticeship C&G/HNC/HND/ONC or equivalent in either Mechanical or electrical Engineering.
- A high standard of mechanical / electrical knowledge will be required for this position, this will ideally be gained from ideally Packaging, Food, FMCG or automotive industries will be considered.
- You must be able to communicate effectively across the board, have excellent attention to detail and be highly competent with computers.
- This position will be suitable for a dynamic, highly organized, team player looking to join a well-established leader in the manufacturing sector.
This Position will suit a Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Shift Technician or Engineer, Line Technician, electro-mechanical engineer or service engineer.
3 tier shift (6-2 / 2-10 / 10-6)
21 days + Bank Holidays