Guildford, Surrey, England
Permanent (Full time)
The Framework Administrator provides a key support role within the Bid Service to the Central Government, Defence and National Security Business Units of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. It is fundamental to the way in which BAE Systems Applied Intelligence interacts with, and responds to, the frameworks under which we operate.
The role is responsible for overseeing and managing all communications and submissions via the relevant online portals. This encompasses reading, assessing and prioritising the information on all opportunities that arise within the frameworks against the categories that we deliver, then liaising with the relevant part of the business to inform the qualification process. Once qualified in or out, the Framework Administrator is responsible for responding in line with the framework protocol.
The successful candidate is required to be comfortable engaging across a variety of stakeholders including Account Managers and Sales Leads to understand upcoming opportunities that are to be released through the Government's tendering processes, and via which frameworks.
The individual needs to be comfortable with detail, seeking out changes and clarifications and briefing the bid teams on these as they emerge, as a matter of priority. Understanding the dynamics of each bid and urgency of sharing information will be critical, evaluating clarifications and being able to articulate their impact to busy bid teams.
This role will be based from our Guildford office, however in line with our Hybrid Working approach it may be predominantly home based with visits to the office on avergae once per week.
What you'll be doing
The key activities will include:
- Liaison with sales and pre-sales in relation to live opportunities qualification and status, confirmations of intent to bid, expressions of interest and submission of clarification questions
- Regular reviews of digital marketplace for emerging fast turnaround opps to be qualified and acted upon immediately
- Prompt responses to the "" mailbox in relation to live bids through frameworks and sharing of info received with the right teams
- Any access via bravo or other client specific portals for bid related activities to access, read, share and act upon customer information or requests
- Uploads of bids to be submitted to any government portal, plus management of accompanying data for upload/attachment such as certificates and accounts
- Regular management and update of BAE Systems' supplier information on any framework portal, or supplier database
- Liaison with SMEs to gather inputs and quality check information
- Daily maintenance of framework opportunities spreadsheet, including sales owners, bid management and current status
- Pipeline management for framework opportunities as part of the Bid Service pipeline review
- Liaison with Crown Commercial Services (CCS) and other framework operators to understand changes, communications, feedback on framework usage and so on
- Gathering customer feedback following win/loss notification and sharing with the relevant bid team/sales lead
- Analysis of feedback: mapping buying trends, bidder numbers, types of technologies, locations, win/loss result and customer feedback data against each framework opportunity, as trend analysis can guide future bid decisions and investment
- Other activities to support the wider Bid Service as required
What we're looking for
These are the ideal skills and attributes for the role:
- Organised and methodical to manage and respond to multiple live opportunities in parallel
- Ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks against a changing demand
- Close attention to detail and timelines
- Excellent English written and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- Team player and confidence to engage with a broad range of internal stakeholders
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.