M&E Shift Engineer
Permanent (Full time)
M&E Shift Engineer
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centres across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed. We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have built the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering outstanding service to our data centre customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for the facility infrastructure maintenance and, prepare and perform planned maintenance
- Perform site inspections and supervise the building and IBX (data centre) alarms
- Ensure preventative maintenance on site infrastructure is run (. maintenance of primary infrastructures), or handled by vendors with your oversight
- Develop ability to maintain repairs and run corrective maintenance on equipment
- Complete site logs and gather data for permits, such as MOPs and scripts which is a key part of this position
- Assist more senior staff with responding to all on-site incidents and act as directed
- May requested to begin responding to basic incidents based on own knowledge and experience
- Complete basic work requests and circuit installations
- Contribute to ongoing infrastructure projects and carry out small works projects . lighting upgrades etc
What we’ll expect from you:
- ONC/BTEC/NVQ or equivalent qualification in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- Previous data centre / critical environment experience
- Broad knowledge of critical infrastructure . UPS, generator, BMS, chillers, life safety systems
- Self-motivation and flexibility
- Willingness to work shifts (days, nights & weekends)
- Full qualified apprenticeship
- HV Switching experience
- Clean UK Driving licence
What we'll be offering:
- Competitive salary
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to purchase more (pro rata for shift positions)
- Insurance and Health: Life Assurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness Insurance, Private Healthcare, Eye Care Coverage and Gymflex Membership
- Investment: Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Company Pension Plan
- Travel: Cycle to Work Scheme and Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Family: Childcare Vouchers and Merlin Entertainment Pass
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Data show that many applicants apply for a job when they have 100% of what is required. We encourage people to bring their different experiences and background to work. If you are interested in working for Equinix and have found a role that challenges you, please don’t let your reservations hold you back!
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.