FOH Call Handler
Permanent (Full time)
We are currently recruiting for a call handler to work within our neighbourhood team based at our Cambourne Integrated Care Admin Hub. The successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic and motivated to work as a Call Handler with our Front of House Team. The successful candidate will need to be calm and patient, with an excellent telephone manner and skills to deal with sometimes complex and difficult issues over the phone. If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy variety in your work and wish to be part of a team striving to make a difference for our community by supporting people then we want to hear from you.
The post holder will provide a comprehensive administrative service within their team, answering all telephone calls within the defined timeframe. To use effective telephone techniques to healthcare professionals, patients and other agencies in a quick and efficient manner.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities
- Word processing of all forms of correspondence, reports and summaries that are required by the team.
- Answer all telephone calls within the defined timeframe.
- To use effective telephone techniques to healthcare professionals, patients and other agencies in a quick and efficient manner.
- Record information in the chosen software timely and accurately.
- Manage all calls in a controlled and professional manner.
- Deal with difficult callers in a calm and professional manner.
- Any data that is taken/shared as part of a phone call or transferred electronically must be undertaken with regard to the Trust Information Governance and Information Security policies.
- Undertake diary management for clinicians and/or managers, as required.
- Organise clinics and associated appointments for clinics, using appropriate brought-forward systems to manage work.
- Organise team/ward meetings, take, transcribe and distribute minutes accordingly as required.
- Provide operational support to colleagues, and supervision of Band 2 administration staff within the team, if required, as directed by Line Manager.
- Deal with staff and service user requests that may be part of a cash office function as and when required, and in accordance with Trust procedures.
- Inputting and updating service user information and service user/team activity on computerised information systems, creating service user notes where necessary and according to policy.
- Maintain filing in both paper and electronic records, ensuring that it is kept up to date at all times. In accordance with Trust procedures, track and receive notes in a timely manner.
- Ensure good customer service by providing a professional and effective telephone service, taking accurate messages and providing information and signposting as requested and appropriate.
- Undertake training of new staff as directed by Line Manager and/or other managers.
This advert closes on Tuesday 23 Nov 2021