Finance Business Partner
Derby - This Area Only
£55000 - £65000/annum Plus Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
My client is looking for an experienced Finance Business Partner to support one of their divisional areas. This opportunity is ideally suited to a qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA finance professional with strong commercial drive and several years of progressive financial experience under their belt.
With an existing exposure to business partnering, you will have direct interaction with the division, drawing on your expertise in tenders, pricing and contracts whilst also working in close collaboration with your internal core stakeholders on performance improvements and critical projects.
You will work closely with the Finance team as well as Senior Management in the division who are based at various locations across the UK.
* Prepare and analyse management, financial & non-financial KPI reporting;
* Perform variance analysis to review business performance and key trends against strategic priorities, identifying and implementing initiatives to drive business performance;
* Partner with operational management to help identify and action the opportunities & risks arising from reporting analysis; with a particular emphasis on Accrued Revenue.
* Assist with maximising cash flow and profitability by managing accrued income and receivable balances
* Support the budget process & ongoing forecasting;
* Assist in commercial analysis for the purposes of tender pricing and various profitability projects;
* Prepare various scenario modelling to assist operational management in business decision making;
* Prepare accurate and timely reporting within corporate requirements and processes;
* Research and resolve Business Unit enquiries for assigned functional areas.
* Project-based and ad-hoc reporting to drive intelligent decision making and continuous improvement across the business.
* Ability to collect and synthesise large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data, including; trends and the ability to develop recommendations based on detailed analysis.
* Contribute to ongoing internal controls and other process improvements;
* Support the Finance leadership by managing and executing upon various team projects & initiatives as required.
* Be involved in identifying operational performance issues and make recommendations to mitigate business risks;
* Ability to explain financial concepts and impacts to non-financial managers;
* Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various levels of staff within the business.
* High level of analytical, research and problem-solving skills to provide value adding solutions and recommendations
* Experience working with BI Tools such as Power BI and strong interest in reporting systems.
What is on offer to you:
For starters a great place to do great work. No day is the same and their people are integrally involved in defining our culture, behaviours and success. Working together, they challenge each other and seize opportunities to learn and grow, both professionally and personally. You can too.
You will be provided with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself.
All employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and our brand new BenefitHub offering discounts, cash back offers and rewards
Core office locations this role can be based from include Abingdon, Derby, Sheffield, Edinburgh or Glasgow