North Watford, Hertfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Discovery is at the centre of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores. We are part of the TJX Family which includes TK Maxx, and Homesense in Europe and the UK and across the rest of the world you will find us as TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and variety comes plenty of surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Are you ready to Discover Different?
The Payroll Supervisor supervises payroll representatives and leads part of the team to ensure that all processes are executed appropriately and in a timely manner. You will operate as the subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues and continuously looks for improvements in operational processes and designs and implements those initiatives. Conducts work planning, estimation and prioritization to optimize performance of team and works with Payroll Manager to define standards and reusable approaches for Payroll operations. This individual manages effective internal/external client relationships within own area of responsibility, and builds effective relationships in the wider group or unit.
- Oversee the timely and accurate delivery of the UK and ROI payrolls.
- Supervises their direct reports to deliver both team and payroll KPI’s
- Fill in for the manager as needed and prepare work schedules to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Facilitate weekly team meetings.
- Interpret day-to-day business objectives and preparation & execution of operational practices & work programs.
- Review and prepare Cashflow Model and ensure payroll specific numbers are accurate and in line with expectations.
- To develop the payroll system to ensure that it operates as effectively and efficiently as possible, identifying problems and proposing solutions.
- Ensure that the Payroll department meets its SOX compliance requirements by working closely with the SOX Champion and both the internal and external audit teams.
- Assist in monitoring workload and plan resource appropriately.
- Ensure team members acquire necessary skills and performance attributes, in line with business and personal development needs.
- Provide guidance and shares knowledge with colleagues & team members relating to own specialisation.
- Assist Payroll manager to create annual team objectives.
- Carry out both mid-year and end of year performance reviews, and update Oracle accordingly.
- Partner with Finance to ensure all payroll balance sheet accounts are reconciled and monthly review meetings are arranged to resolve any queries
- Escalate potential service issues to Payroll Manager
- Responsible for maintaining documentation control
- Support the Payroll Manager to introduce improvements to payroll compliance and accuracy of information
- Train team members on new or enhanced operation procedures and policies
- Preparation for tax year end filing to HMRC and other tax authorities
- Identify process improvement initiatives and define standards for new processes
- Act as the initial point of contact for escalations both from internal and external business partners
- Work with the Payroll Manager towards creating a flexible and agile centre of excellence that can support the company’s future growth strategy
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Payroll qualification desirable
- Commercial Payroll experience
- Working in a medium / large payroll function
- Prior line management / supervisor experience
- Possesses a good level of technical skills, (Word/Excel/and Payroll systems)
- Highly numerate with the ability to investigate and resolve complex issues
- Confident telephone skills with a customer service approach
- Possess ability to partner effectively with external providers and vendors
Come and Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding the greatest deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
**We care about our culture, but we also prioritise the important things like competitive salaries, solid benefits and plenty of room to grow in your role. It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and/or sexual orientation.**