Lead GMP Chemist
Maidstone, Kent, England
Permanent (Full time)
Leading Pharmaceutical Contract Research Organisation seeks an experienced Lead GMP Chemist.
About the role:
Model good Health and Safety practice at all times; demonstrating knowledge of and compliance with company policies. Act as mentor to more junior staff.
Be a productive manufacturing-based chemist; co-operating proficiently with colleagues through respectful, positive communication, recognising the contribution of others and adapting own style as required. Demonstrate a good knowledge of chemistry and GMP; ensuring skills are kept up to date. Identify and pre-empt potential problems, choosing the most appropriate solution. Be proactive in problem solving for others, utilising thorough knowledge of scale up, process safety and GMP to optimise processes.
Understand the requirements of both internal and external customers, including budgetary constraints and the importance of working to deadlines. Protect the Intellectual Property and confidentiality of CLS and that of external customers, including the write up of manufacturing records and laboratory notebooks. Consider the impact of own actions on colleagues and the customer and be able to build a rapport with customers. Seek ways to optimise the perception of CLS's professionalism by the client.
Skills and experience:
- Hold a PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry or a BSc/MSc in chemistry with clear, demonstrable and relevant GMP experience.
- Have excellent team-working and communication skills.
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a pro-active way.
- Ability to work as part of team, keeping the customer at the forefront of work at all times.
- High level of self-motivation.