Mid Level Software Engineer
Unspecified (Full time)
About The Role
My client is looking for a full time, highly-skilled Senior Software Engineer, to help build out our core technical product offerings. Reporting directly to the Principle Software Engineer, you will be executing our ambitious roadmap and redefining the future of the home decor space.
This role will give you the opportunity to build both internal and external products. Every day is different, as we continue to build out our user experience, super charge their event driven architecture, and prepare for launching internationally as well as helping with optimising internal operations. They would love to hear from you if you are passionate about best practice methodologies, cutting-edge technology and funnel optimisation.
The Company Tech Stack
They currently have a mono repo driven by Lerna for all our applications. Their front-end application is built using NextJS, we also utilise TypeScript, React, Styled Components, and our API is built on ExpressJS. To supercharge our system we leverage serverless functions with event queues to drive all our integrations. This is all supported by AWS, Terraform and CircleCI.
To maintain quality throughout our applications we employ the use of Jest and React Testing Library for our unit testing. We are also building out our functional testing framework with Cypress.
The heart of their technology is their E-commerce layer, built upon Shopify's headless StoreFront API and GraphCMSs headless CMS API. To maintain quality and showcase our work we use Storybook to build out our UI components using atomic design principles.
- You will assist in the code management process all through QA, UAT, versioning, deployment, and consistently audit and refactor this code to ensure stability and improve performance
- You will be a contributor to our codebase and consistently assist in the software process through QA, UAT, versioning, deployment
- Core contributor in delivering projects and KPIs on time. Writing high-quality, well-tested code and delivering features, autonomously, seeing projects through to completion
- Develop new features and improve existing ones, considering all users in the process, whether they be internal ( content or operations teams) or consumers
- Work closely with product and UX/UI to ensure requirements are met from a user experience and technical point of view
- Ensure we are fostering an environment of discovery and innovation, contributing to evolving what we do and ensuring it is best in class
- Contribute to architectural decisions as it relates to the current task and wider impact on the scalability of the applications we build
- Help design, execute and scale our event-driven microservices architecture
- Take ownership in the tools and technology we use as a company with our Principle Engineer
- Guide and mentor more junior members of the software engineering team
- Ensure quality is maintained across all our technology systems
- Ensure all important technical decisions are documented and shared across the department
The experience we are looking for:
- Experience with delivering scalable, distributed, cloud-based systems in a highly available manner
- Familiar with functional programming
- Strong understanding of different software engineering practices, infrastructure, and how each can help deliver more value to users
- Previous experience in other startups (bonus)
- Experience/Familiar with atomic design patterns
- Experience using JIRA, Asana, or equivalent work-flow tools
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment, as well as collaborating with a remote software engineering team
- You have a continuous improvement mindset, constantly seeking to reduce waste and avoid re-work
- You are a self-driven engineer, experienced with working independently, but can also work as a part of a team
- You love to learn and are results-driven
- You care about your end-users whether they be internal or external
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- You are passionate about clean and appropriately tested code
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Competitive salary and opportunity to earn equity options grants
- You’ll get the first-hand experience being part of and growing with high growth, super early stage, fast-moving, and ambitious company
- 26 days holiday (including your birthday off) + bank holidays, with a relaxed approach
- Generous allowance for Lick products
- Relaxed work from home policy / use the office when/if you like
- A growth-focused team, you will enjoy our monthly Expert Knowledge Shares and bespoke interior design training programs
- Contribute to building and scaling a culture where wellbeing is part of how we do things, not just a bonus
- A proactive approach to creating a working environment that supports/reflects our team member's unique personal need
Apply for this job
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...