Project Services Manager
Cardiff - This Area Only
£28000/annum plus car allowance
Permanent (Full time)
Salary / Benefits etc.:
£28, a year plus car allowance
Job Elements: -
* Plan and manage the resources for all aspects of project services work – this would include pricing and project management of projects such as build, hangering, delivery, storage, logistics, cabling and installation. This role will be responsible for planning resources to ensure that the projects are delivered on time, to budget and with sufficient margin for the business and to the customer’s satisfaction
* The main responsibility of the position is to plan cabling and equipment installation projects at customer sites to ensure full functionality according to the specifications. The person will co-ordinate the site meetings throughout the life of the project, in order to ensure that the project milestones are met through to conclusion. The person will also manage all resources including suppliers throughout the project.
* Responsible for always working in a professional and courteous manner, liaising with the customers to ensure open communication channels in both directions, meeting the needs of the customer and following any issues which arise during the life of the project through to conclusion and keeping the customer informed at all times.
* Responsible for planning, allocating and controlling the project resources; this could be in the form of specialist equipment, sub-contractors, suppliers etc. The PSM’s role will encompass overall responsibility for all project activities to ensure that the project is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Select and purchase all the necessary equipment from suppliers and arrange delivery to site to meet the needs of each project in a timely and effective way.
The ideal candidate will have:
* High level of computer literacy including project management software
* Knowledge of Cat 5/6 and power cabling infrastructure
* Knowledge of stock control procedures
* Prince 2 qualified or similar qualification or qualified by experience
* Experience of managing projects, of value of at least £500k
* Possess experience in supporting IT related projects, changes and rollouts
* Experience of managing various projects at the same time
* Experience of meeting and managing customers and appropriate suppliers
* Experience of managing 3rd party contractors and able to support engineers as required during the life of a project
* Self-motivated – able to work on own initiative
* Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope with a high level of change
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers