Assistant Planning Liaison Manager
Job description Are you an experienced town planner looking to be involved in the work that my client carries out, including their role as a Statutory Consultee, provision of preapplication advice and various other aspects of the Planning teams work. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team responding to planning consultations, general planning enquiries and providing preapplication planning advice in accordance with the externally set deadlines to coalfield local planning authorities across England, Scotland and Wales. What they are looking for: A Masters degree or postgraduate diploma in town planning (or other equivalent planning qualification) together with Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute. About the role: The post holder will assist other members of the Planning and Local Authority Liaison team in responding to planning consultations, general planning enquiries and providing preapplication planning advice. Youll need:
- A Masters degree or postgraduate diploma in town planning (or other equivalent planning qualification) together membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Knowledge and understanding of the policy, legislation and the principles of the overall planning system, including the differences in England, Scotland and Wales
- Knowledge and understanding of the roles and needs of relevant stakeholders involved in the planning process and the range of conflicts which will be experienced as a result of engaging with the planning system
- The ability to devise distinct and individual comments in response to consultations in order to meet the overall strategy and objectives of my client.
- The desire to work as part of a team with a high workload and tight deadlines requiring effective time management to prioritise workloads
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Posted 11 days ago