Client Development Advisor
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
We are looking for a Client Development Advisor who will work with the Senior Client Development Manager to execute client opportunities and support business development. This is a 3-month role and is intended to provide cover for a team member currently on leave. This is an opportunity to join to a fast-growing team and to have an impact from day one on our clients, practices and the Re:link lawyer community.
Experience and/or expertise as a lawyer, paralegal, business development executive or legal recruiter in one or more of Banking, Capital Markets, Derivatives, Structured Products and/or Structured Finance highly desirable
Execution of client opportunities
- Engage with clients and Linklaters practices on placement opportunities, including running client calls and documenting clients’ resourcing needs in a detailed role specification;
- Contribute to Re:link lawyer searches and analyse which lawyers are best suited to specific opportunities in collaboration with the Resourcing team;
- Match Re:link lawyers to appropriate opportunities, including testing interest and availability and price/rates negotiation
- Liaise with sponsoring partners and Linklaters practice groups in relation to internal and client placements, including matching of candidates and assisting with matter management
- Manage onboarding of lawyer placements, with both clients and Linklaters practices,
- Liaise with clients and Re:link lawyers during the placement and addressing any issues identified
- Carry out pricing in relation to client and internal placements;
- Liaise with Finance and HR to ensure matters are opened and liaise with sponsoring partners and practice to ensure appropriate matter management;
- Record client and Re:link lawyer interactions, opportunities and placements in the Re:link database;
- Collect and analyse client and Re:link lawyer feedback and follow up on areas for improvement.,
Support the Senior Client Development Manager to:
Identify, generate and execute client introductions and leads;
Engage with key internal stakeholders to unlock secondment, internal placement and other opportunities for Re:link;
Track, analyse and report on the platform’s performance through analysis of internal and external data, to help identify new opportunities;
Knowledge & Experience Required
Previous experience within the legal sector as:
- Qualified lawyer
- Business development executive, or Legal recruiter.
Experience and/or expertise from working in legal sector in one or more of:
- Capital Markets
- Structured Product and/or
- Structured Finance
- Strong written and verbal communicator with good knowledge of Word
- Comfortable with data with ability to use Excel to carry out analysis
- Good knowledge of PowerPoint with ability to prepare impactful presentations
This list of duties and responsibilities above is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters. We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments. These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name. Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of “@”.We will never ask you to make payments for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch using the contact details on our careers website at ... screening
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers. Your offer will be subject to the successful completion of these checks which will be initiated following your consent.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We know that diversity makes us a better law firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and deliver the best experience to everyone who comes into contact with us. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job. Those involved in recruitment and selection decisions and processes are also provided with guidance on diversity issues. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance. Specific experience requirements advertised on a role do not intend to preclude applications from candidates who may have more or less experience. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to the necessary skills for the role as described.