Senior Trainer Assessor - House Building Industry
Sevenoaks, Kent, England
We're looking for a Senior Trainer with experience in House Building.
At NHBC our core purpose is to build confidence in the construction quality of new homes by assessing, inspecting and directly insuring the homes registered with us.
We also use our unrivalled expertise, data and training services to support the homebuilding sector in their continuous drive for construction quality. With increasing demand in this area we are pleased to grow our training activities, drawing in additional talent, knowledge and experience to an already exceptional and passionate team.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Trainer to join the Industry / Academy Training team. Reporting to the Industry/Academy Training Manager, you will have a direct impact in NHBC's strategic objectives; providing quality training, supporting a commitment to recruiting and developing talented people to build homes to the highest standards across the industry.
This is a nationwide role, home based.
Your day-to-day role
- Planning your working week to ensure you deliver allocated training, virtually and face to face in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Build relationships with builder and internal customers which will project NHBC's Training in a professional manner.
- Responsible for reviewing, developing, and maintaining course material to suit the customer and liaise with them to ensure we deliver the training that is appropriate.
- Maintain NHBC's accreditations, including Awarding Organisations, the Association of Project Safety, CITB ATO status and other bodies as appropriate.
- Support the on-going review and development of business processes and systems used to deliver an efficient service.
The successful candidate will have:
Ideally you will demonstrate a proven track record of Training / Assessing within the construction / house building industry. The candidate may hold a recognised construction, training or assessment qualification (. CIOB, CABE, BSC, RICS ., BILD, IOSH, CMI etc).
- Extensive technical knowledge of house building and the governing legislative framework it works within.
- Knowledge of Health & safety legislation would also be beneficial.
- The ability to liaise with outside agencies and professional bodies to promote NHBC in a professional manner.
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills with the ability to confidently deliver engaging training sessions.
- Proactive and organised, able to work to deadlines.
- Skilled problem solver with an enthusiasm for people development and strong team ethic.
- A full UK driving licence (essential).
Salary and bonus: Your salary will be in the range £36,380 - £47,194 per annum dependent on experience. Regional uplift up to £. Our annual bonus scheme rewards our strongest performers with the highest bonuses and, subject to the company's performance and your own, you could earn up to 6% annual bonus. NHBC also offers a Remote Workers Allowance to the value of £2,200 annually.
Company car: We'll provide you with a company car. We're bringing on more electric and hybrid cars to our fleet so you'll pay less tax and we can continue improving our environmental impact.
Pension: Our pension contributions are generous and, depending on your own level of monthly contributions, we will contribute up to % of your pensionable salary each year.
Holiday: We offer 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the option to purchase an extra week per year.
Private health care: We will pay towards Aviva private medical insurance cover for you and your family worth £395 each year.
Maternity, paternity and adoption leave: We've equalised the leave we offer for all colleagues so, whatever your family set up, you can take the leave you need when you add to your family.
Your future with us
We offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. If you're ambitious, driven and hard-working you will succeed with us. We'll support you with full training, ongoing CPD and the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications and professional memberships.
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly in different ways to suit their personal circumstances. We can't promise we can offer you exactly what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working at interview stage and beyond.
Diversity and inclusion
We are committed to equal opportunities for all with an inclusive culture that helps us to maintain competitive advantage. Our people come from diverse backgrounds and support our fundamental belief in the right of all employees and customers to be treated with dignity and respect and to be guaranteed freedom from discrimination. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter.