West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Our client manufactures titanium-based metals products. It converts rutile ore into sponge, melts and refines ingot and slab, manufacture mill products, and supports its customers through service centers and manufacturing facilities.
Job Title: UK HR Generalist Organization: Timet UK
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Senior HR Business Partner
Reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner, the role is responsible for a proactive HR Generalist service across Timet UK on HR related matters to include.
- To be the first point of contact for all HR related queries
- To deputise for the Senior HRBP on Human Resource Matters as required.
- Build effective working relationships with employees/unions as required and communicate as directed by SHRBP on all employee relations matters
- To manage the recruitment and selection of M&P and WPR/Negotiated Staff roles in the most cost-effective way possible as directed by the SHRBP
- Manage all temporary labour including liaison with external temporary recruitment agencies, ensuring invoices are in line with current agreed rates
- Organise induction training program in conjunction with recruiting line manager for selection of M&P and WPR/Negotiated Staff roles. Responsible for ensuring the Generic Induction is carried out and completed. Will contribute to continuous improvement of the Induction Program.
- Deliver the HR induction element to new recruits including terms and conditions, policies and procedures, pay and benefits information is included . pensions; healthcare; dental; BUPA wellness; GIP; GLA etc. Ensuring first day eligibility to work checks are conducted. HR audit information completed in line with new starter checklists etc as part of first day induction procedures.
- Deliver any training on core Timet/PCC policies as directed by SHRBP
- Manage Timet and Attendance management process using effective reporting and absence management process, whilst ensuring a strong working relationship with Occupational Health.
- Invoice Management for costs associated with the HR department, recruitment, OH etc
- Manage the referrals of ongoing medicals and attendance reviews with the onsite Occupational
- Ideally graduate calibre and CIPD qualified or prepared to study to gain CIPD qualification/membership status.
- Previous experience in a HR role essential, ideally in a fast paced, results driven, manufacturing environment.
- Strong practical working knowledge of employment law
- PC literate in particular Microsoft Office packages: Word, Excel and PowerPoint and HRIS (ideally SAP)
- Take ownership of tasks/jobs
- Excellent interpersonal skills. A strong communicator, friendly and amiable in approach
- Well organised and systematic
- Accurate and efficient
- Can work under pressure to meet tight deadlines